Makeshift master volume knob

deluxe74

• Members

My amp doesn't have a master volume knob and that gets annoying as hell so I'm possibility thinking and I think that if I put a boost pedal in my effects loop that should do the trick. IDK how much of a volume spectrum that will give me though. Any thoughts?

• Members

whats an active?

'Active' refers to the low impedance output of active pickups. Stompbox outputs and effects loops on amps are also (usually) low impedance, so a volume pedal designed for active pickups (or for use after effects) would probably be more suitable for use in the effects loop.:thu:

• Members

My amp doesn't have a master volume knob and that gets annoying as hell so I'm possibility thinking and I think that if I put a boost pedal in my effects loop that should do the trick. IDK how much of a volume spectrum that will give me though. Any thoughts?

you wont get the crunch of your amp buy blocking your power tubes,get a power soak of some kind,weber mass or something.or if your good with mods add a mv to your amp.there are easy ones and not so easy ones.but even the not so easy ones are pretty simple mods:thu:

• Members

What is serial?

serial means the effect loop is in-between the preamp and poweramp section of your amp. Parallel is the "opposite", so to speak, meaning the effects loop is mixable in and out of the connection between the preamp and poweramp.

Archived