Electro-Harmonix Queen Triggered Wah

• 2 years later...
  • Members

sweet ! what did that run you ?

Without saying the exact price, I will say that I got the best deal I've seen for one in the last 4 years.

There are quite a few more EHX vintage boxes that I'll probably never own - Attack Decay, original 16 Second Digital Delay, rackmount Guitar Synthesizer, ClockWorks, triangle BMP,...

But then I said that about the Queen Wah :idk:

• Members

man, do you have a separate house for your gear? Nice score. How the heck do you decide what pedal to play when you set up? lol

I have a public storage unit :o , but I keep more than just pedals in it :lol: And they don't just sit in there. I visit the unit almost every other day, trading in and out pedals, guitars, amps, records, clothes, you name it.

How do I decide? Usually some thread in this forum inspires me to bring a few out and play with them.

• Members

nice! been curious about it too

tonefrenzy has clips of the crying tone and talking pedal but not of this one

what does the second footswitch do and is it a pain turning it on and off?
:lol:

The second footswitch changes between BP/LP filters.

No pain with these. I prefer them to the heel switch type treadles.

• Members

I just got one too, should be here this week. Hopefully I can get it up and running.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120625413288&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Holy Bargains!!!! That's a score and a half!!!!! CONGRATS :wave:

Let me know if you need any interior pics :thu:

Also, here's a link that might assist you in the restoration: [deleted, possible malware site]

Keep us updated on your progress.

• Members

Thanks, I may hit you up for some pics. Looks like there are some differences between your and mine, that blue trimpot for example. Wonder if maybe there were different revisions?

EHX were notorious during that era for tweaking their designs, even in the middle of production. Not sure if they still do that. For example, I have 3 of those Mini Synthesizers. All 3 have slight differences between them, yet they only manufactured them for a couple of years :facepalm:

So it could be that your version has a fixed resistor value. I've already played with the trimpot on mine, and it adjusts the sweep range.

If it's making theremin noises, then it sounds like a possible short in the circuit. Whatever it is, I'll bet it's something really simple, like someone spilled a tiny drop of solder somewhere on the board. I run into stupid stuff like that all the time.

Archived