Before I forget, this pedal came to me in a dream

veil

• Members

:eek:

Every now and then I have dreams about gear that doesn't exist. This time it was a pedal that looked like a wah, except it was a delay pedal from Roland. The idea was, it had knobs and shiz just like any other delay pedal. Except, it was called a Reverse Tape Delay. One knob could control whether or not the signal was 0% reverse (regular delay) or 100% reverse and everything in between. The treadle, apparently, controlled amount of modulation. By rocking it while playing your delay would get surfy and vibrato-y.

Anyway it was {censored}ing tight, dig it?

• Members

I remember seeing a DIY pedal in the spam thread on here some time ago which was a delay pedal in a wah housing. The treadle controlled delay time, I believe - which would mean you could get some oscillation by just using your foot. Both ideas are cool. Basically just a delay built around an expression pedal.

• Members

I remember seeing a DIY pedal in the spam thread on here some time ago which was a delay pedal in a wah housing. The treadle controlled delay time, I believe - which would mean you could get some oscillation by just using your foot. Both ideas are cool. Basically just a delay built around an expression pedal.

Yup i was going to say this. He wanted like 150 for it i think, or something along those lines. It looked really intresting and i was going to pick it up but i didnt have money at the time.

• Members

Yup i was going to say this. He wanted like 150 for it i think, or something along those lines. It looked really intresting and i was going to pick it up but i didnt have money at the time.

Send me an old crybaby and a delay pedal and I'll throw one together for you :wave:

• Members

In the 80s I used a GP8 with an expression pedal set on the Delay level/mix & used it like an OD during certain solos...kicked major arse!

Of course the delay function was limited, add more delay control (saturation, warp, modulation feedback, reverse echo, etc.) + a first class clean-boost/OD circuit & you're talking about a sonic mayhem that has yet to be acheived ;)

Archived