Going to a concert tonight (warning Beck content)

jhamnett

• Members

I'm checking out the Beck show at L'Olympia in Paris tonight in the orchestra section (seats? I don't need no friggin' seats!).

FYI: If you preorder his new album on iTunes, you can get exclusive preorder information for the US leg of the tour. If he's any good, I might go see him stateside when I get back in... 12 days! :thu:

(I do not work for Apple, Beck, or whatever record label he records for :wave:)

• Members

Beck! In Paris! That sounds awesome. And it makes me feel really old as it dawns on me that it was 11 years ago I saw him.

The album's out today, is that right?

Yeah, album's out today... I think you can still order it before a certain date and get the ticket info IIRC. I need to go download it after work / before the show.

This is my second concert in Paris... I saw The Police in Stade de France in September... that was amazing! :cool:

EDIT: Album is out tomorrow!

• Members

Beck is pretty close to the top of my "People/Bands that I need to see before I die" list.

I'm super pissed I missed him with the Flaming Lips as a backup band.

Congrats!

I am LUCKY, I bought the tickets Thursday... they were just about sold out!

• Members

I have seen Beck live an is one cool gig to watch!

i always wanted o play in his band.... I love the quirky funk!

Just imagine... maybe he'd buy a bunch of Moog pedals to play around with for the super duper funk!

• Members

Anyone else heard this yet? He just keeps getting better. I loved The Information (and my cover for it :)) and this is just as good.

There's nowhere I'd rather be right now than in Paris seeing this, let us know how it went.

• Members

Wow. Just, wow, incredible. He played a lot off the new album and it's another different direction... heard some 80s B52s (the good kind) sounds, Raconteurs sounds... it seems to be more of a rock album than stuff in the past, but, he's switched up genres and styles so many times, it's not unusual. I've always enjoyed his music, but now I think I appreciate him more as a musician, being able to write good songs in many different styles. Like I said, wow.

I was surprised of how much he played guitar during the show (playing a cool Dano Silvertone with one lipstick pickup). Also, it seems he's changed up his back up band a bit. The guitarist and bass player from the Midnight Vultures days are not there (didn't see him then, but remember from TV and videos).

I have pics and vids to follow. :thu:

• Members

that is bad about the musicians, but hey backing bands come and go!!!

I am sure he put a great perfomance....

I would love to see him live again in a coll venue! L'Olympia is amazing! I played there! hehehehe

bring those pics and vids mate

Archived