GUITAR TRAINER by TASCAM Help?

• Members

Get Amazing Slowdowner software. The hardware players sound really bad when you get close to 50%. I had the Tascam and decided the software was much better and easier to use.

There is a free version called Best Practice, but AS is much better.

• Members

I got the GT-1 when it first came out. The sounds are kind of cheesy on it, theres really only one I use, but it has really helped me learn. Most tutorial books come with a cd these days Blues You Can Use etc., and the whole Mel Bay "Play-Along" series of books has been fun as well with this device. I thing most of the "Play-Along" series have the Amazing Slow Downer software on the included disc.

I like the GT-1 because I don't tie up the family computer while practicing. It's lasted 4-5 years and been dropped several times (actually pulled off the coffee table onto the carpet). I think the newer versions have better effects but really I got it only as a learning tool and it's served me well.:thu:

• Members

Get Amazing Slowdowner software. The hardware players sound really bad when you get close to 50%. I had the Tascam and decided the software was much better and easier to use.

There is a free version called Best Practice, but AS is much better.

+1 on Amazing Slowdowner. I download and paid for it the other week for the Mac and it was one of the best programmes I've ever used. It's come in so handy for me. Highly recommended.

Archived