Toneczar Openhaus opinions?

Lemmings

• Members

Anyone on here have one? I'm mostly interested in the level of gain these pedals have. I've heard them being called "Diezel in a box" but the demos on the site are quite standard hard rock type tones. I'm not looking for anything ultra-brutal, just something a bit smoother and more modern sounding than my Keeley Rat. Im running through a Hot Rod Deville at the moment, but i'll probably be getting a Twin Reverb in the near future.

Also, any idea what the current wait time on these are?

• Members

This quote in and of it self makes it sound like a Diezel / Bogner in a pedal already , :) .

"In The most brutal settings available on the Openhaus with less Mids much Bass and Treble the mid toggel in Mid Position and The Gain toggel on the Extra Gain and brutalness mode I am finally able to play tapping, legato and arpeggios mixed with heavy Palm Muted Rhythm playing on the same setting at total tonal satisfaction and this nearly noise free

• Members

Thanks Kayzer , I've always been intriged by this pedal but for that much $ I need to spend weeks with it before makin' a decision . Looking forward to the read .

Sometimes they go for 350$ on the bay i saw two in the last Month maybe you can make a lucky catch...!

• Members

It doesn't sound like a diezel but it has some similar characteristics like being very thick and heavy. Diezel amps generally dont have any sizzle but the Openhaus can get quite a bit. Its the type of pedal you really have to try in order to know if youll like it.

• Members

its really smooth sounding....a huge amount of gain and volume on tap...the clips on the toneczar site are {censored}e...open chords sound huge with each note coming through nice and clear...palm mutes are tight and punchy...great pedal...too brutal for me...sold it...my DRD is better for my sound...i was playing through a top hat super deluxe 2x12...Ed is a great guy to deal with...he is open to tuning the pedal for your specific sound/needs...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Sometimes they go for 350$ on the bay i saw two in the last Month maybe you can make a lucky catch...!

I got one of those :thu:

Basically, I don't want to type up a long PITA review, but quite frankly, the thing {censored}ing rocks. It kicks middle-aged blues playing white guys' asses, stomps small children's colons, and rapes gas-friendly American sedans.

Archived