Using Guitar and Keyboard into same amp/effects chain?

• Members

So basicly I want to use my guitar and keyboard into the same amp and effects chain. To do so what would I need to use to allow both (guitar/keyboard) to be running through the same setup? an A/B switcher? If so, Name some good quality brands that make them and the price if possible.

Fill me in.

• Members

You need to use a little caution if you're going to be running your keyboard into a guitar amp. Keyboards can produce some bass levels that may push the guitar amps speakers too much.

Check out loop-master for some decent A/B pedals that are cheap, too.

• Members

You need to use a little caution if you're going to be running your keyboard into a guitar amp. Keyboards can produce some bass levels that may push the guitar amps speakers too much.

Check out loop-master for some decent A/B pedals that are cheap, too.

Ideally I would like to have a seperate amp for the keyboard. My amp is listed in the signature, (Mesa Triple Rec+Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab). I am playing through a Fender Rhodes Mark I Electric Stage Piano if that helps determine how safe I'd be running them both through the same rig.

On a side note: if anyone has any experience with keyboard amps I am open to any reccomendations, Price isnt a huge factor. Just as long as it'd be able to compete easily enough with my guitar amp.

• Members

Ideally I would like to have a seperate amp for the keyboard. My amp is listed in the signature, (Mesa Triple Rec+Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab). I am playing through a Fender Rhodes Mark I Electric Stage Piano if that helps determine how safe I'd be running them both through the same rig.

On a
side note
: if anyone has any experience with keyboard amps I am open to any reccomendations, Price isnt a huge factor. Just as long as it'd be able to compete easily enough with my guitar amp.

Keys don't always sound that great run through a guitar amp. They're not full-range audio amplifiers.

• Members

Would a bass amp work?

It depends how you define "work". I think you'd be safer handling the lowly lows of a keyboard with a bass amp. BUT it's still not a full-range amplifier and that's really what most synths wants to see. Something un-coloured and a bit more hifi I would guess.

• Members

I tried what you want a few years ago with a/b boxes and even small resistance mixers... never sounded good... singal load, or whatever... plus levels are weird between line and guitar outputs...

as far as keyboard amps, I know a friend that has a roland kc-___ huge mamajama with many ins and mixer signals that worked great for playing 2 keyboards and a bass player with a DI box all at once...

Archived