BOSS PW-10 V-wah

• Members

I'm not a wah guy. I didn't like it. There are some dirt effects in it. I hated them too. There was one useful setting, but it wasn't worth me keeping...

:idk:

What do you want to know?

• Members

I don't care about the dirt either, I've got that covered - I like the fact that it has both wah and the univibe thing all in one, instead of buying separate pedals... but I've never tried it, and my wah is dying, so I was hoping others could offer their experiences with it...

• Members

I had one, but i only ever used it for the vox setting so i eventually got rid of it and bought a real vox wah.

the biggest probelm with this pedal is that you can't turn the distortion on and off without switching between the different settings you have saved into it. i would have used this pedal a lot more if i could activate the wah and dist at the same time and turn them of again.

Not a bad pedal though.

• Members

Maybe I'm the only one on here that likes this pedal but I used mine fairy extensively. I used the humanizer a lot as well as the custom wah. I'll be the first to admit that there are better wahs out there and the sweep on the wah pedal feels a little low compared to others but I got more use out of this pedal than any one of my other pedals. Whenever time and space (compactness) were an issue, this was my "go-to" pedal. Its a bitch to program, though. It has a few different distortions as well as 3 patch locations for you to store sounds. Granted, its not going to replace a teese or a budda wah by any stretch, its not a bad wah at all and it has enough various functions to be a very useful pedal. Its not for everyone but I like it. Its sort of a jack-of-all-trades but master of none pedal.

Here's a demo of the various distortions:

Unfortunately, there aren't any good wah demos of the pedal on youtube.

You've got some good choices of effects on the pedal. While its not my favorite wah, its usable and its indispensable as a humanizer pedal.

Like I said, its not the best wah but its far from the worst.

• Members

Maybe I'm the only one on here that likes this pedal but I used mine fairy extensively. I used the humanizer a lot as well as the custom wah. I'll be the first to admit that there are better wahs out there and the sweep on the wah pedal feels a little low compared to others but I got more use out of this pedal than any one of my other pedals. Whenever time and space (compactness) were an issue, this was my "go-to" pedal. Its a bitch to program, though. It has a few different distortions as well as 3 patch locations for you to store sounds. Granted, its not going to replace a teese or a budda wah by any stretch, its not a bad wah at all and it has enough various functions to be a very useful pedal. Its not for everyone but I like it. Its sort of a jack-of-all-trades but master of none pedal.

Here's a demo of the various distortions:

Unfortunately, there aren't any good wah demos of the pedal on youtube.

You've got some good choices of effects on the pedal. While its not my favorite wah, its usable and its indispensable as a humanizer pedal.

Like I said, its not the best wah but its far from the worst.

You can choose a wah with no drive, right? I have the Boss OD20 Drive Zone, plus a few other pedals, so I have dirt more than covered(not to mention my amp's own tone)... I like the fact that it has BOTH wah and univibe - even if it were just those two, it would be a good deal. Unless it sounded like poo, then of course, it wouldn't matter what it cost.

Since you do own it, is it worth it for these two features alone - or would you just buy a separate wah and univibe?

• Members

You can choose a wah with no drive, right? I have the Boss OD20 Drive Zone, plus a few other pedals, so I have dirt more than covered(not to mention my amp's own tone)... I like the fact that it has BOTH wah and univibe - even if it were just those two, it would be a good deal. Unless it sounded like poo, then of course, it wouldn't matter what it cost.

Since you
do
own it, is it worth it for these two features alone - or would you just buy a separate wah and univibe?

Yes, you don't have to have dirt. You can have just a plain wah or univibe.

I bought it because it had the humanizer effect on it. For me, it was worth it for that. If you want a univibe and a wah in one pedal, its a good buy.

• Members

I gigged with one for 3 years and always liked it, though back then I was in a metal band so the subtle nuances of a high quality wah probably would have been lost in all my high gain anyway.

I never liked that humanizer effect much, but a couple of the wah models are decent, the synth is useable and the univibe

• Members

Have you looked into the Digitech EX-7? Seems to do everything this does and then some. Although I must say I haven't used either...

i use that for my wah. it has more quackyness. doesnt move much though and i have to use a tb loop for its stiff switch.

Archived