Micro Pog Users

Teahead

• Members

Am I the only one who hears something like room verb on the octaves? It's most noticeable with the octave down, but also there with the upper. Obviously this was never apparent on clips, it may well aid the recording of the pedal, but it's annoying me a little in actual live sound terms. I suddenly recall thinking the same thing of the big POG back when I tried it.

• Members

It's a bit of latency as far as I can tell. Kind of why I keep my octaver around. Sometimes the latency can help fatten it out. Like if you run a vibrato into the micro pog, then the pitch shifted notes will lag behind the original vibratoing signal. And you get a kind of chorus.

• Members

It's a bit of latency as far as I can tell. Kind of why I keep my octaver around. Sometimes the latency can help fatten it out. Like if you run a vibrato into the micro pog, then the pitch shifted notes will lag behind the original vibratoing signal. And you get a kind of chorus.

I think you've nailed it there. Must have more latency going on than the Octron, with which I never noticed anything of the sort. Nonetheless, the Micro Pog is an awesome pedal, so much fun either clean or with dirt.

What's the bypass scoop on these? I'm hearing a definite change in response from both a fuzz face and rangemaster if I put the bypassed Micro Pog before them. So whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be great.

Archived