DMM Power Question

KnewMono

• Members

yeah. I thought so. But anyway I have a voltage converter but I think it will be a pain in the ass to bring around to gigs etc.

BTW here's the quote:

"This pedal comes with a 24V dc adaptor instead of a 120V AC power cord. So it can be used in other countries by using the correct power adaptor, which we can supply. They used to have a built-in transformer and an AC cord, but that caused humming problems on many of the pedals (some even when off)."

Link is: http://www.analogman.com/eh.htm

• Members

yeah. I thought so. But anyway I have a voltage converter but I think it will be a pain in the ass to bring around to gigs etc.

BTW here's the quote:

"This pedal comes with a 24V dc adaptor instead of a 120V AC power cord. So it can be used in other countries by using the correct power adaptor, which we can supply. They used to have a built-in transformer and an AC cord, but that caused humming problems on many of the pedals (some even when off)."

Link is:

oh, that's fine then....yes it takes a PSU, like he says if you use the correct power supply then that's fine...the pedal still gets the same 24v..

when you order it tell him you want a UK 240v PSU with it. (or euro or wherever you are)

• Members

awesome, so that means I can get a generic 24v/240 adaptor and have no problems
:D

exactly...well according to that quote he says he can supply one, I dunno if that means extra or he will supply it instead but whatever yeah, no worries. :thu:

In the UK you can buy the correct one from hotrox for

• Members

cool i got a reply from EHX. The Question was:

I'm going to buy your Deluxe Memory Man from the US but plan to use it in Australia. Will this pedal run at 240V instead of 110V without any problems?

Thanks

Reply was:

Hello. Yes provided you have the correct adaptor for Australia. Regards,

One last Question: Will those traveller adaptor things (does not convert voltage) be okay with the US adaptor already given, thus saving me from buying another adaptor?

• Members

cool i got a reply from EHX. The Question was:

I'm going to buy your Deluxe Memory Man from the US but plan to use it in Australia. Will this pedal run at 240V instead of 110V without any problems?

Thanks

Reply was:

Hello. Yes provided you have the correct adaptor for Australia. Regards,

One last Question: Will those traveller adaptor things (does not convert voltage) be okay with the US adaptor already given, thus saving me from buying another adaptor?

no, it will blow the power supply up. you need a 24v DC 240v power supply or a step down converter.

Archived