Choices

easymoney

• Members

i just feel like the mayos are ridiculously overpriced and you could find something that sounds basically the same for less money.

maybe i should invest in his current models and hold onto them until they're discontinued.

• Members
from what i understand, isn't the mayo supposed to be similar to a muff?

what are the differences?

Thats why I'd pick it :p

It really boils down to your needs though. Do you need a "big muff" or something a bit cleaner? I don't know how else to compare the two :idk:

• Members

A Mayo for your DM-2 + $200? So, essentially a Mayo for around $350+? If you {censored}ing love the sound of that particular pedal, do it. If not, get a {censored}ing a Big Muff and forget it. Mayo's aren't that great. They sound very good, but with all the clones and mods out there, if you look around enough, you can find better sounding Muffs much cheaper than that.

To my mind, they've entered Collectorville, where you're paying for the rarity more than the pedal. That's fine if you want to sit it on a shelf and look at it, but there's no point in paying collector's prices for something you're going to use, since by using it, you're just depreciating your investment.

• Members

how much better?

It sounds better than the NYC Big Muff by about as much as the Ronsound Hairpie sounds better, or the BYOC Rams Head, or the late 80s green Russian, or as much as the Skreddy Mayonaise sounds even better than it does.

The point is, all of those pedals sound different. It's more up to your taste as to whether you like the way a certain one is voiced. Don't get me wrong, it's a great pedal. But, if you have to ask how much better it is, maybe you shouldn't jump into paying almost 400 bucks for one.

• Members
"exquisite dirt for the discerning hessian"

the quote on their website is totally win.

It may not be some peoples bag on here but I can get a near vintage Matamp or Orange amp tone on a clean amp with this thing. When I set it for overdrive, it makes me cream my jeans. Plus its a treat to look at :cop::thu:

• Members

Go with the screwdriver. The mayo is WAYYYYY overpriced. I don't mean this particular one is, I mean the mayo in general is overpriced by a factor of about 2. It's great and all, but there's things that are just as great or at least very very close for under $200.

Archived