Where are you dudes putting your rack??

• Members

I am using a Marshall 6100LM with 2 1960A cabinets. Right now I put my G-Major on top of one of the cabinets, but when I play shows I only use one cabinet. I didn't think the floor would be a safe spot, or the top of the amphead because thats where the air vent is. I havent seen anyone in my town playing shows using any rack gear so I have nothing to really go by.

If you got some pics, please post your rigs!

th.096995cd03.jpg

• Members

the case is a standard

what kind of amp stand do you have in mind?

I've seen people with small practice amps that are perched on top of an angel amp stand. I was wondering if that would work with a rack case as well, at least that way the case is angled up towards me.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Deluxe-Amp-Stand?sku=451065

• Members

I only have one rack unit, a Gmajor. I also have a hot plate. What I did was used a bit of scrap timber I had lying around to make a rack unit with the same foot print as my head. (same width and depth, different height) I then used some corner brackets to mount the gmajor on one side and bolted the hotplate on the other.

This lives between the cab and the head.

Due to the hotplate needing some ventilation clearance there is still room above the gmajor for another rack unit, should I ever decide to fill it.

Here's a pic, I plan to cover the 'rackcase' with snakeskin tolex but that plan is slightly delayed thanks to being ripped off by Ampwares.

Its still all a bit of a work in progress but once it is covered, and a face plate created to ho hide the empty space it should look nice.

IMG_0694.jpg

• Members

Do you have air vents on top of your amp? Mine amp gets hot and im not sure i'd want to block that vent.

One amp no, one amp yes. My rack has "feet" so that if it's on top of my GK amp (which has a fan in the top) there is still half an inch of clearance for the air to escape from the amp.

• Members

I only have one rack unit, a Gmajor. I also have a hot plate. What I did was used a bit of scrap timber I had lying around to make a rack unit with the same foot print as my head. (same width and depth, different height) I then used some corner brackets to mount the gmajor on one side and bolted the hotplate on the other.

This lives between the cab and the head.

Due to the hotplate needing some ventilation clearance there is still room above the gmajor for another rack unit, should I ever decide to fill it.

Here's a pic, I plan to cover the 'rackcase' with snakeskin tolex but that plan is slightly delayed thanks to being ripped off by Ampwares.

Its still all a bit of a work in progress but once it is covered, and a face plate created to ho hide the empty space it should look nice.

IMG_0694.jpg

Thanks man for posting the pic, I never thought of building something.

Archived