Gearwire again *facepalm*

• Members

:facepalm:

http://www.gearwire.com/media/watchthegreatfire-guitar.wmv

The artist says:

-I'm using a Line6 Valvetronix

And the reporter doesn't even notice.

The artist says:

- You can also change the tuning on the settings so you can get an E-tuning and C-tuning or whatever

- So why not get a tele and a POD

- I've got my AC30 from the eighties. I got it rebiased so it sounds like a seventies AC30.

I mean, are they really so clueless?

• Members

That's right up there with
Rob- why don't you makes the knobs go top 10 and make 10 a little louder?
Nigel- But these go to 11.

Except this time it's interviewer who is actually that dense. I don't think he's just joking or being sarcastic. He's just not a very bright bulb.

• Members

I mean, are they really so clueless?

I picked up my sunn slave amp from a tech on saturday and he was interested because I was the first person to ever bring a sunn amp into his shop and he used to use one. He was asking me what speakers am I running, how their wired, what ohms blah blah blah. When I was about to leave he said he was very surprised by how much I knew about my own gear...he said most people just give him a blank stare when he asks what I consider standard questions. He said it was nice to have a real conversation gearwise with a customer.

So in short, yes, some people are that clueless when it comes to their gear.

• Members
I picked up my sunn slave amp from a tech on saturday and he was interested because I was the first person to ever bring a sunn amp into his shop and he used to use one. He was asking me what speakers am I running, how their wired, what ohms blah blah blah. When I was about to leave he said he was very surprised by how much I knew about my own gear...he said most people just give him a blank stare when he asks what I consider standard questions. He said it was nice to have a real conversation gearwise with a customer.

So in short, yes, some people are that clueless when it comes to their gear.

That's why you're on this forum, talking about gear :)

We all do care about what we're using!

Archived