My Yamaha SY85/TG500 demo

lewey

• Members

Deleted, as in gone forever? Did you erase it from your mind too?

That's preposterosity!
:freak:

I dont have it anymore. I deleted it forever. I ran it through my government safe shredder over 46 times just to make sure it was gone forever. Maybe someone else has it. Yeah, I got rid of it from my mind also. I do not want to be slowed down by past bad experiences. Does this make sense?

• Members

I like this. What gear did you use?

Lewey did most of the song. I added bass and the solo melody at the end.

I used a Moog pedal patch from Nostalgia from Zero-G.

The solo was done with my Emu Vintage Pro using the XL-1 ROM. I believe it was an Audity Saw waveform with filter Freq control and some delay.

• Members

Lewey did most of the song. I added bass and the solo melody at the end.

I used a Moog pedal patch from Nostalgia from Zero-G.

The solo was done with my Emu Vintage Pro using the XL-1 ROM. I believe it was an Audity Saw waveform with filter Freq control and some delay.

That bass has a monster sound, good job

• Members

I have a copy of his song too. :p

Chas, you should use some humor with situations like this. It's no wonder life seems so hard on you if you take such small things as this so close to heart. I had people telling me "you suck" on many occasions, but it only made me smile. Don't be so insecure, for crissakes, it's just a {censored}ing music... :idk:

EDIT: give me one of your unfinished songs, and i will make a remix of it, so you can trash it too :idea:

• Members

I have a copy of his song too.
:p

Chas, you should use some humor with situations like this. It's no wonder life seems so hard on you if you take such small things as this so close to heart. I had people telling me "you suck" on many occasions, but it only made me smile. Don't be so insecure, for crissakes, it's just a {censored}ing music...
:idk:

EDIT: give me one of your unfinished songs, and i will make a remix of it, so you can trash it too
:idea:

Do you guys know each other? Seems like you're getting along a little better today.

Thanks for reposting the song. I will listen and learn.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey Lewey! I listened to your song and really like it. I also have a TG-500 and like many of the preset patches. I like the thick pads and choir like patches the best.

That is cool that you did multi with one module. I have not gotten around to doing this yet. What did you use to record it? I like your use of the strat like guitar voicing you have in the song.

Have you thought about adding any solos to your song?

Cool song.

edit: Question, What do you think of the server your song is on? Any good?

Cool song. What happened to the Chas remix? :confused:

• Members

:(

*jealous*

Lewey, I'll give you a play by play on how it functions with the VX8. At the moment I'm a little scared of how it will work with an external keyboard, regarding how i will arrange splits/layers/etc...

If it doesn't work for me, i'll either go for the XS8 and get rid of my VX8 since i'd have no use for it anymore, or I'll go for an M3M (unlikely).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I wanted it to be a 80s disco song (hence the old drums and boring beginning), but it didn't quite work out...
:freak:
All the sounds come from TG, with little processing (unlike my JD demo).

I always regarded this synth very highly, but I have to say it's no match for JD in terms of sound quality, although it's worlds better than anything else released before it in terms of usability, and as far as JD vs TG competition is concerned, I like that TG has lots of usable presets and much larger sound palette in general. Also, the drums are punchy and of nice variety, although dated (but nothing some FX processing can't cure). Besides, if I ever decide to make a true disco music, I will use these drums, they're awesome for 80s music. But as for programming... fogedabodit. I tried to edit a ASDR envelope on one sound and failed to even find a menu where I could do it (too lazy to dig in the manual).
:rolleyes:
That's why this song is done entirely with presets, and doesn't sound as good as I wanted it to.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=9043

I like your song that is why I got a TG 500(have not played all the sounds yet need midi/audio cables) so what sounds did you use like that one that start 1:24

• Members

I like your song that is why I got a TG 500(have not played all the sounds yet need midi/audio cables) so what sounds did you use like that one that start 1:24

That one is Voice Preset 2-38 "ME Grind". Others are presets too, you will find them easily once you go through all the sounds.

Archived