I shust Heard mp3 of kursweil 2661 demos Is there any contest ?? well the price

chick korea

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No! The PC2 series has different (better) ROM samples, but less variety and MUCH less programmable.

Why is it less programmable?? and how much less ??

btw.( did you know programmable with shsut on less m

its the same way you write Programmable in spanish?

you write it Programable . almost exacly the same and ther are some other words that are very similar .

• Members

There is no "best" instrument. You've got to consider what you want to do with it, what your budget is and what floats your boat musically.

For my purposes the important difference between the K2600 and instruments like the PC2 and proposed PC3 is that the K2 series can load user samples. Since I've created a lot of my own sampled instruments and have a large library of commercial samples this is crucial for me. With the K2 instruments I'm mostly processing my own samples, so the ancient K2 factory waveforms aren't a big drawback. You might not have any interest in loading samples, which would make the PC2 more attractive.

I'm not certain that the PC3 will ever be released, but we'll see. I wouldn't hold off on buying something you'll use to make music now because you're waiting for a promised release of a new Kurzweil product.

• Members

Hi chick korea,

Well i've heard that new Kurzweil K2661 includes new features that K2600 players around the world have asked for. New features for the K2661 include ADAT optical output for 8 channels of 24-bit digital output and a SmartMedia slot for convenient storage and upgrades. The Features You Want61 note unweighted synth-style action with monophonic aftertouch True 48 voice polyphony with 192 oscillators Fluorescent 64 x 240 backlit LCD display Full MIDI controller capabilities including eight sliders, optional ribbon controller, footswitches, control pedals, arpeggiator and breath controllers - all assignable Over 600 programs provided in ROM, thousands on SmartMedia and CDROM (both included) Up to 48MB on board ROM sounds, including Kurzweil's acclaimed Stereo Grand Piano General MIDI Compatability built-in Up to 128 MB of sample memory V.A.S.T. - Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology with 60 DSP functions. Triple Modular Processing offers 126 sound shaping algorithms for per-voice processing Extensive sample-processing capabilities and graphic waveform editing KDFX- Powerful 5 stereo bus, 24-bit digital effects engine KB-3 Organ Mode provides powerful tone wheel organ synth modeling Live Mode, real-time processing of live inputs through both synth and KDFX effects engines 32 track sequencer with comprehensive editing tools 16 MIDI channel multitimbral, each can be a 32 layer program Flash memory for OS and ROM storage (allows software updates via SmartMedia and SCSI) Sampling option with analog and digital inputs and sample-while-play capability (RAM Tracks) Optical digital ports, selectable as ADAT Lightpipe for up to 8 channels of 24-bit digital I/O (or 2 channles of S/PDIF output) (6) Balanced analog audio outputs with 24-bit DACs Stereo headphone outputMore Information

• Members

btw.( did you know programmable with shsut on less m

its the same way you write Programmable in spanish?

you write it Programable . almost exacly the same and ther are some other words that are very similar .

Hi chick! Welcome to this thread. How is your Fantom? :wave:

Thanks

• Members

Go and read it then come back..... and when you do, stop speculating.

Yeah right.

Show me the product, otherwise you are speculating just as much as I am.

I still remember waiting two years for the KDFX to finally be available for the K2500 after repeated promises that it was "almost ready, one or two weeks at the most..." I hope the PC3 is the most brilliant electronic instrument ever in the history of the world, and I'm especially happy to hear that this time they have DSP oscillators that don't alias in the high registers.

I still stand by my statement that it doesn't make sense to hold off on purchasing an instrument you can make music on now because you are waiting for Kurzweil to release something in the future.

Archived