Show off your sloppy/messy board!

Blungo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

do you have a coffee table/pedalboard?

As a matter of fact, yes!! I'm not playing live, just recording at home at the moment, so the coffee table height lets me stomp on the pedals from my Fripp like stool or bend down just a wee bit for maximum hands-on tweekage. The space underneath is handy for expression pedals and the Hog's footswitch and, for the purposes of this thread's noble intention, MORE cable mess!

• Members

The expression pedal on the far right, or the Studio Electronics phasor to the left of it?

Sorry, i assumed the giant ass phaser took precedence over anything else that could have been considered on the right. What is it like and how much does it cost?

• Members

Sorry, i assumed the giant ass phaser took precedence over anything else that could have been considered on the right. What is it like and how much does it cost?

It's a studio electronics mod max phasor. More info and clips here http://www.studioelectronics.com/products_ModMaxPedals.php

It's pretty pricey, i bought mine used for $220 i think. It does some stuff that no other phasers (that i know of) will do, i.e. sample and hold and dynamic settings. I like it.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Kyrreca, we be brothers in HOG/MoogRingMod tomfoolery!!

They're both great pedals. :thu: They're both huge too, though, so I can't fit them both on my board at the same time. I need a bigger board.

BTW, I like your pedal table/mess. :) How do you like the Attack Sustain?

• Members
They're both great pedals.
:thu:
They're both huge too, though, so I can't fit them both on my board at the same time. I need a bigger board.

BTW, I like your pedal table/mess.
:)
How do you like the Attack Sustain?

I thought it'd be redundant with the envelope feature on the HOG and the volume swell on the DL4, but its got its own sound. Its great fun to set a attack time on the Pigtronix and then a LONGER attack time on the harmony voices on the HOG. Apart from the vol. swell, the blend knob lets you get some very beautiful Clean sounds that morph into nasty fuzzyness.. Think Zoot Allures. Apart from that its got a whole bevy of weird sounds.. That's one of the reasons I keep the pedals on the "table", cant get away from tweaking and mangling them!

Archived