EQ versus Amp tone

pencho

• Members

Some EQ pedals can give a little boost... some others can give a lot of boost. The difference is in the type of EQ and where it is placed. Most EQ pedals have more frequency ranges than an amp's Low, Middle and High... or just Low and High knobs... so you can more finely adjust the bands that you cut or boost. Also, by playing with the placement of the EQ pedal, you can get some very different effects.

• Members

Yep, Megatom hit it on the nose.

I actually use two eq's. One in the effects loop of an amp that has a less-than-desirable onboard EQ, and one to shape the tone of certain pedals. The second eq helps get more range out of my 2nd amp, which only has bass and treble, but lacks an onboard mid control.

• Members

I'm happy with my amps EQ. On Treble/Middle/Bass, 12 o clock is unity, anything below is a cut, and anything above is a boost. It works great running some at full and some at 0 too, unlike other amps. It has a cut control too, which is strange, like a global tone knob.

• Members

Thanks for the replies.

That's why we come here bro, to learn and get advice or opinions. Occasionally an off topic post will interest a lot of guys.

Is there a particular reason you posted this question?

Someone might be able to give you more insight if you're more specific.

• Members
That's why we come here bro, to learn and get advice or opinions. Occasionally an off topic post will interest a lot of guys.

Is there a particular reason you posted this question?

Someone might be able to give you more insight if you're more specific.

Not real specific other than I'm trying to talk my self out of buying the fish-n-chips EQ. I'm pretty happy with my setup but I do have room for 1 more pedal on my board :lol:

• Members
Not real specific other than I'm trying to talk my self out of buying the fish-n-chips EQ. I'm pretty happy with my setup but I do have room for 1 more pedal on my board
:lol:

What're you waiting for then?

You should be able to find one dirt cheap, and if you don't like it, someone on this forum will buy/trade it. I haven't tried it yet, but some good folks seem to think that it's worth its weight in gold.

Sorry for feeding your gas bro, but you wont be happy until the void is filled.

Archived