Anyone ever use a VHT Valvulator Buffer/Power Supply ?

ReckedTrek

• Members

I've had one for many years as well, definitely improves the sound when running multiple pedals. I first got it when I had about 4 pedals, now I'm up to 12, give or take depending on board configuration. Whenever I reset my board, I always test to see if it sounds better with or without it, and to my ears it is an improvement.

• Members

ive had two, i dont use the one i have anymore. they are very fragile and are unfixable. dont get one get the axess one.

Do you just play at home, gig at the local club a few times a month or do you gig out more extensively? Just trying to put it in perspective. The axess does look nice... :idk:

• Members

Same here. See sig to see what I run my Valvulator with.

HEY!! You've got a UD stomp too! Nice! I've had mine since they closed them out.

RE the Valvulator, do you gig out alot? Just trying to figure out if EL Kabong got a bad one or if most people are just using them at home where they are seeing alot of wear and tear.

• Members

Forgot to mention that mine went dead in about the first year of use. No gigging, just home playing, and that was annoying. It was still under warranty, had to send it back to VHT to see what was up. Turns out the tube had died according to them, they replaced it and sent it back. It's been on my board ever since, about six years without any problems. No regular gigging/touring, but it did okay being hauled back and forth to rehearsals twice a week for several years. Tube's never gone bad again either, so maybe it was something else that they fixed and didn't tell me about, it's possible there were more problems with earlier units (I got mine almost as soon as they were released to the market).

I don't know about the "sounds like it's straight to the amp", but I'm running way too many pedals for that to happen. One note, many fuzz pedals sound a lot worse run after the valvulator, when I had my Fuzzprobe it had to go in front of the VHT.

• Members

I've had one for many years as well, definitely improves the sound when running multiple pedals. I first got it when I had about 4 pedals, now I'm up to 12, give or take depending on board configuration. Whenever I reset my board, I always test to see if it sounds better with or without it, and to my ears it is an improvement.

Hey ReckedTrek,

+1 for the VHT Valvulator tube buffer/power supply!! I use the power supply to power all of my effect pedals & X2 digital wireless system on my pedalboard. I run mine like this: guitar>Valvulator>effects>amp. It makes a big difference in the tone of your guitar rig especially if you have a lot of guitar & patch cables. I've run my rig without the Valvulator and I can tell there is some loss of high end and the tone doesn't sound as good. Some effects like fuzz doesn't work well with buffers so you might want to run the buffer after the fuzz. It's a good investment in your tone and your pedalboard if you decide to get one for your guitar rig.

Guitar George

Archived