Ronald Jones.

orangesix

• Members

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=2083454&blogID=45764060&Mytoken=0EF9FA98-CF37-4CF7-A60CAB12BE16A24C4775624

yeah actually i used to talk to ronald when i lived in OKC about his set up and i know that at the last point in the gear heavy days w/ the lips he mainly used between 7 to 9 Boss SE-50's, 2 Eventide Ultraharmonizer's and some more basic stompboxes like the EH Microsynth, vox and crybaby wahs and various distortion pedals through 2 JC 120's in stereo......the main tripped out part of the sound was that'd he would use each of those SE 50's like a stomp box and spend hours on coming up w/ crzy sounds (those processors are very cheap and very versatile w/ 12 voice pitch shifting and ping pong delays).......he also used secret weapons like a telephone amplifier that'd he would line out from the back of his amp to project noise into his guitar pick ups and a few other things that were very sneaky....cheers, lance7777777

• Members

Some of the fuzz sounds from Clouds Taste Metallic and Transmissions sound like superfuzz style fuzzes (shin-ei fuzz wah, univox superfuzz, boss fz-2, etc) - but there are some that also clearly defy what can be achieved with a single fuzz - 'abandoned hospital ship', for instance... probably the most ridiculous fuzz tone I've ever come across. IMO a good place to start for some of the fuzz sounds would be a superfuzz style fuzz (Japanese, silicon, Octave up) and maybe a fuzz factory?

As they say in 'Fearless freaks' - "If he gets one more pedal, he'll die..."

great guitarist

*EDIT* Of course I know he didn't actually use a superfuzz, but it's a helluva place to start

• Members

He is amazing. The vast majority of guitarists we all love on this forum did not or do not use the most expensive boutique gear. Instead they got the most they could for the gear they had. I'm decidedly disillusioned with the whole boutique thing now, not to mention the 'Oooh, I've just spunked several hundred pounds more on a delay that i didn't really need rather than writing decent songs for my rubbish band' threads :)

Archived