OT: Fedup with Fedex.

MakuseruSukotto

• Members

So I bought a Twin off a fourmite last week. It arrives in my city today, but I'm out for lunch when it shows up. They wouldn't let someone else here sign for it, had to be me. So when I get back in from lunch, I call them and ask when I can go pick it up, so I didn't have to wait. Local Fedex says that isn't their division, I had to talk to shipping about that. So I ask for the phone number, they denied me the phone number. Said they would not give me the phone number. So I left to go to their store. I show up and ask to speak with their manager, and she said she would not give me the phone number I needed. So after much yelling and threats, she gave me the address to the place where I could pick up the package. So I drive the 30 miles out to get the package, because It wasn't in my city. When I get there they say that they can't give me the package, that It had do be delivered to the address the shipper stated. So needless to say, I'm pissed as hell, want my amp, hate Fedex now too. USPS FTW.

• Members

I had the opposite experience with them. They showed up and nobody was home, so they just left it on my doorstep! I felt like calling them and pretending that I never got it, make them think they {censored}ed up and it got stolen. But fraud isn't really my thing.

• Members

I had the opposite experience with them. They showed up and nobody was home, so they just left it on my doorstep! I felt like calling them and pretending that I never got it, make them think they {censored}ed up and it got stolen. But fraud isn't really my thing.

IIRC, that wouldn't have gotten you anywhere. If it says you don't have to sign, they can leave it on the door step. If it's lost, your problem.

• Members

Yeah, I forgot a wireless router when I moved, so my parents sent me one in a box that I had gotten a wah in a while back. Shipped for OVERNIGHT on thursday, friday it still wasnt going to be delievered. Saturday we call to see where it is, they say its lost in a bin somewhere. So we wait until the following wednesday until the guy I bought the wah from sends me an email saying he got a router with a return to sender thing on it :confused:

The strangest part was that he lived in ohio, where as the package was being shipped all within PA. Plus, there was no label on the outside with the guys address on it, only the invoice had been left in the package... which was sealed and whatnot. So they had to have opened the package and looked at that but still.. WHY?!

Now here's the best part. My mom said that there was about $80 worth of stuff in there. So they gave her $80 because they think they lost it.

Bunch of unorganized idiots.

• Members

Oh god, how I hate all shipping places.

My favourite UPS story is as follows:

I ordered a new brake cylinder for my Land Rover. It had to be shipped to me from Vermont. I watch the tracking system as it ships across the US, into Canada (where it is held in Richmond for "processing" for about four days :mad:) and then to Victoria, where I am.

Then there's no update.

I wait a day, and then I call, only to be informed that the product has been lost. I ask when I was going to be informed of that... They had no answer to that. I talk to a manager, they say they'll put a trace on the package (which, to be honest, I don't understand - they were tracking it in the first place, right?) and I should hear back from them within two weeks.

This, of course, is unacceptable to me. I point out to their manager that it got scanned in to Victoria, and in all probability is sitting somewhere within 20km of me right at that moment... I ask if I can get the number for their warehouse. He says no, of course not. I ask if they can call the warehouse and see if they can look for it. He says no, they'll wait for the trace.

Then I call the local UPS store. I ask to get the number of the warehouse, they say they can't give it to me, so I say the name of the company I work for and say we forgot to give a package to our driver. They give me the number to the warehouse :cop:

I call the warehouse up, and ask them about the package. They freak out because I got their number, but say they'll look for it and call me back... Eventually they call me back, and they still haven't found it.

At this point, as you can imagine, I'm pissed. Really pissed. So I ask our shipping manager where the warehouse is (he didn't know the number, but he knew whereabouts in town it was). Turns out it's less than five kilometers from my work.

I drive down to the warehouse, walk in, and look right into their back room where there is a stack of boxes against the wall... Lo and behold, there's my goddamned box. Yes, that's right, UPS couldn't find my package, but I {censored}ing found it in an afternoon and a few phone calls.

So, I pull the lady over and say I'm there for my goddamned package, and it's sitting right there. She scans it, hands it to me, and says "Okay, that'll be $130." I ask for what, she says Customs fees. I shell out, since I've just had enough.

I go home, check the web, and my UPS tracking number now says Delivered, which makes me laugh.

...Then, and I {censored} you not, I get an invoice from UPS for a "delivery fee"!!! :eek::eek::mad::mad: I call them, explain that I found the {censored}ing package my goddamned self, and they say I have to pay the delivery fee anyway. I tell them to {censored} themselves, and well... Since then I haven't heard anything about it.

So yes... I hate UPS. And don't even get me started with FedEx.

• Members

Okay, I'll tell you about FedEx since it's music related...

Over on the "other" forum I bought a Chandler Tube Driver from a very nice guy. I paypalled the money to him, and he happily shipped it off to me.

I get the pedal, and the box is banged up and the tube inside is busted. I've got lots of 12ax7s and au7s and all that hanging around, so I'm not that worried.

Then I get a call from FedEx saying I owe them $60 for delivery fees (see my above post, hah!) because the seller had made a mistake in the paperwork. I explain to them that it's not my problem, and I paid everything in cash when the driver showed up (ie, the customs and handling fees they love to tack on) so as far as I was concerned, that was that. They agreed, and left me alone.

Then I get a PM from the seller, saying that FedEx has been harassing him about the fee... Because I'm a nice guy, I send him a nice delicious money order for the fee... A few weeks later, he sends another PM saying he hadn't received the money order.... So, being a nice guy like I am, I send him another money order (yes, I've now paid over $150 for the shipping on this pedal... Which I use for one song :mad:) after confirming his address... And he apparently still doesn't get it, though I'll be damned if I'll send a third one.

After that, FedEx started calling me again about their delivery fee. Apparently they have now put a hold on FedEx deliveries to me. So, thanks for nothing guys!

I feel everyone's pain on this one.

• Members

So they said it would be delivered at 1:00pm today.

I rush home for lunch, get here at 12:45, and there is a slip on the door. "On 9/24/08 at 12:35 we tried to deliver 2 packages."

So I'm thinking {censored}. Missed it by 10 min.

Then I call them up. Ask If there is any way I can meet up with the driver since he should still be in the area. They said no. So I ask what I can do to get this package today. Then she hangs up on me.

I called back, talked to her manager, about an hour later, manage to get the guys number. He's a nice guy, I explain the situation and he says he will bring it by before he goes home.

So I'm, just waiting now.

SCREW FEDEX.

Archived