Handwired 808

Johnonon

• Members

Well Alpha Music has received 4 of the 10 first run Handwired 808s. I got to try one today, and i was floored

I normally dont like tubescreamers, but this was stupid good. Much more clear and ridiculously touch-responsive. Not nasally, but sounded like an amps od. Plenty of bass and the midrange wasnt super-boosted. Obscene amounts of volume as well

One of the best if not the best od ive ever played

• Members

Well Alpha Music has received 4 of the 10 first run Handwired 808s. I got to try one today, and i was floored

I normally dont like tubescreamers, but this was stupid good. Much more clear and ridiculously touch-responsive. Not nasally, but sounded like an amps od. Plenty of bass and the midrange wasnt super-boosted. Obscene amounts of volume as well

There seems to be some misconception that only a very very small amount of these pedals will be built. I heard something like only 36 a year.

This is slightly incorrect. 15 units are in Australia next week. Japans already got a few and Bananas got theirs last week I believe. I think there will be a few thousand made. Maybe this is a litmus test for future HW stuff. But I think its already catching on. I heard a HW much loved version of the Dyna Comp compressor from the 70's is in the works from MXR.

My TS808HW will be here next week or so. Can't wait to compare it to my Analogman silver Ts9, JHS Mods ts9, Maxon 820 (the best I have played!!!!)

• Members

That pretty much describes the 808 clone I just sold for $85.

• 11 months later...

Archived