Just got a V8 fuzz...

terrafirma

• Members

and it's a cool pedal. I've seen the vids on-line demoing the pedal, and it seems around 12 o'clock is when the oscillations start. On mine, it oscillates at 9 o'clock. I think it's kinda early compared to what I've seen online and what the description indicates. Is this normal, or did I get a weird one? V8 fuzz owners... where's does yours start to oscillate?

I dig the sound -- just would like more fuzz tweakability without the oscillations happening so soon.

• Members

It just seems like you get way more gain out of yours than I do mine... same with the PGS demo. I also can't control the frequency with my volume knob. I'm thinkin about sending this one back.

Is it the first pedal in your chain?

IF there is a buffer in between it and your guitar, then you might not be able to.

• Members

i think it may vary depending on how hot your pickups are. Mine oscillates slightly before noon if i play through my tele deluxe and at about 1:00 with my strat which has mucher lower ouput p'ups. oh yeah it definitely needs to be before buffered pedals for best results.

• Members

I just made it the only pedal in the chain and the volume thing worked. I have a les paul- style LTD EC1000 w/ Seymour Duncan 59 and JB and a 52 tele reissue into a classic 30 and both start oscillating at 9 o'clock. Not sure if that has something to do with it.

I'm not a fuzz virgin anymore tho... I freakin love the sound, just wish I had a little more before it started oscillating. Perhaps this just isn't the pedal for me.

Thanks for all your help guys.

• Members

I just made it the only pedal in the chain and the volume thing worked. I have a les paul- style LTD EC1000 w/ Seymour Duncan 59 and JB and a 52 tele reissue into a classic 30 and both start oscillating at 9 o'clock. Not sure if that has something to do with it.

I'm not a fuzz virgin anymore tho... I freakin love the sound, just wish I had a little more before it started oscillating. Perhaps this just isn't the pedal for me.

Thanks for all your help guys.

its probably not good for a first fuzz experience.

Archived