OT: Ashes Divide

Sad Darwin

• Members

Yep. I found their myspace page through an article in a guitar magazine. I liked what i heard so i bought the album .... and ... wasn't really that impressed.

It's ok but i was hoping for something a bit stronger. It never really 'rocks out' as much as i hoped.

I need to give it a few more listens though. I may come back to it in a different mood and end up liking it.

• Members

Yep. I found their myspace page through an article in a guitar magazine. I liked what i heard so i bought the album .... and ... wasn't really that impressed.

It's ok but i was hoping for something a bit stronger. It never really
'rocks out'
as much as i hoped.

I need to give it a few more listens though. I may come back to it in a different mood and end up liking it.

It's kind of confusing that Billy Howerdel even "rocks out" in the first place. He listens to Cat Power, Fionna Apple, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Band of Horses, Postal Service, Depeche Mode, The Cure, stuff like that. None of anything the guy sites as an influence is ever even romotely on the aggressive side.

• Members
It's kind of confusing that Billy Howerdel even "rocks out" in the first place. He listens to Cat Power, Fionna Apple, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Band of Horses, Postal Service, Depeche Mode, The Cure, stuff like that. None of anything the guy sites as an influence is ever even romotely on the aggressive side.

I don't know too much about him really, i like A Perfect Circle but i came to them quite late.
I can only assume the influences that got him playing were more 'rock' and he's branched out into other things since ... that's what happened with me, i used to be a metaller, that's why i started to play 20 years ago, these days though my taste in music is not too different from the things you mentioned.

... i still need to 'rock out' though. It's in the blood ;)

• Members
I don't know too much about him really, i like A Perfect Circle but i came to them quite late.

I can only assume the influences that got him playing were more 'rock' and he's branched out into other things since ... that's what happened with me, i used to be a metaller, that's why i started to play 20 years ago, these days though my taste in music is not too different from the things you mentioned.

... i still need to 'rock out' though. It's in the blood
;)

Haha, me too. I've always been sort of 50/50 with it though, as the reason I got into playing was equal parts NIN and Radiohead back in 1999.

• Members

i loved a perfect circle, and i was stoked when this cd came out, and it really dissappointed me. First off, the songs never seem to go anywhere, like others have said, it is kinda generic and poppy sounding, and he has some of the worst lyrics i have heard. I like stripped away, but aside from that, i think the album was a bust.

• Members

"3 Libras" wasn't poppy? "The Hollow" too....{censored} I thought the majority of the first APC album was going to be completely written off as Maynards "pop" band or something.

no, they werent poppy at all, they may have not been exactly "rocking out" but they certainly werent songs that were upbeat, and if your heard on mtv you wouldnt think a whole lot of it.

Archived