Impulse guitar buy'd

smrz

• Members

That big headstock rules. Its going to be super duper bright though. Maple + brass nut should cut like a knife though.

interesting...we'll see how it turns out. never played a brass nutt'd guitar before.

• Members

Nice score! Friend of mine has an all maple Electra Les Paul copy and it sounds great. Not overly bright. His is a bolt-on with a fast slim neck. I think the nut material only effects the sound of the open strings. I have an old Ibanez Artist with a brass bridge and that thing can be piercing if your not careful.

...and that headstock does indeed rule. You could hurt someone with that thing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Came in today...plays and looks fantastic. No amps at the house, so I've just heard it through modeling on my laptop. Appears the coil tap switch isn't working, or it just has an unbelievably subtle effect. Pickups sound good, though the real test will be with my amp. The knobs are V/T/T, and I'm thinking I'll switch to V/V/T one of these days. The neck is really thick and chunky, feels really different from my ASAT. Overall, a really cool guitar, oh yeah, and it's very light too. Cool stuff.

• Members
That big headstock rules. Its going to be super duper bright though. Maple + brass nut should cut like a knife though.

maple is much brighter in ad copy than it is in real life (my L6S, all maple, isnt at all what you'd call bright). same thing with brass nut (i've got a couple gits w/'em, it adds little but weight).

rock on w/the Electra, never played one that wasnt a winner. :thu:

Archived