Help! Garageband, Mellotron Wav Files and what to do?

Kid_A

• Members

Import the samples into iTunes and name them (as in give them an 'artist' and 'album' title).

Once they're in your iTunes library, you should be able to drag the files into Garageband's browser.

I'm not entirely sure, but you may need to convert them to AIFF's or mp3's or AAC's...

• Members

i want to be able to play them on a keyboard though so would this work?

That's not what you said! :mad:

In that case, you're going to need a soft-sampler. You need to import them into said sampler and 'map' the samples... if you've never done it before (I'm guessing you haven't ;)) I'd recommend asking someone you know who's into programming or synths, as they usually have that stuff down.

If you want to persevere, check out Kontakt by Native Instruments, there should be a 'lite' version that will do the job.

• Members

when importing a sample to soft synth you need to make sure you map the right pitch by tweaking the pitch knob

by default, 0 value is the a mid C (zero maybe)and as you move along the keyboard it will be pitched automatically.... SO... what you got to do it to make sure once you map Mellotron D note file you got make sure you map it to a D key on the synth and pitch it down - 2

That is how I've built my Mellotron sampler on Live! Its very simple once you understand what you are doing!

:thu:

• Members

wait,

using garage band?

i think youre screwd.

no sampler in Garage Band.

unless you can import a logic esx preset.

upgrade to logic express ($199)

you can open all your garage band files in logic

you could run reason in rewire mode

within GB and use the nxt sampler in reason

i have the mellotron stuff for

esx and nnxt already mapped

Archived