Electro-Harmonix Vintage 9v Electric Mistress Soundclip

Fender&EHX4ever

• Members
  • Members
  • Members

I've got a 1978 Deluxe Electric Mistress with Howard Davis 'vintage' mods, and a relatively new reissue Deluxe Electric Mistress.

They both sound so different (chorusy yum vs. classic flangery), so I like having them both around - but they take up so much pedalboard space that I'm thinking of rehousing both of them into one large enclosure.

Maybe I'll call it an Deluxe Electric Menage-a-trois :)

I've also got a Stereo Deluxe Electric Mistress but to my ears that sounds nowhere near an EM nor a DEM.

Will keep you posted :)

• Members

I been wanting one of these but since they are hard to come by I plan on making one.

BTW,(unrelated) do you know that the hot tubes tube version is being re released,limited to 300 units?!?!?!?

Making a 9v EM would be a fun project.

The Hot Tubes RI is highly recommended, but I've already told you that a few times ;)

• Members

I've got a 1978 Deluxe Electric Mistress with Howard Davis 'vintage' mods, and a relatively new reissue Deluxe Electric Mistress.

They both sound so different (chorusy yum vs. classic flangery), so I like having them both around - but they take up so much pedalboard space that I'm thinking of rehousing both of them into one large enclosure.

Maybe I'll call it an Deluxe Electric Menage-a-trois
:)

I've also got a Stereo Deluxe Electric Mistress but to my ears that sounds nowhere near an EM nor a DEM.

Will keep you posted
:)

Wow, you're as obsessed as I am :thu:

• Members

Wow, you're as obsessed as I am
:thu:

I should add that this is all in addition to my vintage PolyFlange - I know you share my love for this box, which spans the gorgeous chorus/flange/filter matrix/doubler spectrum wonderfully, but also sounds so different from an EM or DEM (vintage or otherwise) as to warrant its own place on the pedalboard...

...and given the rarity of the vintage PolyFlange, there's very little chance of me rehousing it.

But anyway, this is an Electric Mistress thread, not a PolyFlange thread! :)

Archived