Do you feel silly bringing a giant pedalboard to a small gig?

RJpilot

• Members
Huh? Why are they not very reliable any more???
QUOTE]

I don't know. All of the sudden I don't get any juice to my pedal. I go and twist the power cable around and voila..I'm back. But the problem is intermittent so its not somin I feel good about going to play a show with.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know. All of the sudden I don't get any juice to my pedal. I go and twist the power cable around and voila..I'm back. But the problem is intermittent so its not somin I feel good about going to play a show with.

Is it a problem with the pedal or the pedal power?

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't think a new board is going to solve that...

• Members

Hmm. If you get prepared before the show it shouldn't be bad. My board is low maintenance. I mean, it's a confusing setup the first time, but I haven't touched it since. I've got one of these. I'd take a picture of mine but it'd be a crappy phone one. Once you get there, you just pop off the top, connect your guitar lead to the "Guitar Input" (either regular, or buffered preamp) and you're all set. Very quick setup.

1SKB-PS-55-multi1-38461fff04ec218fa0fe6b

• Members

I purposely try to constrain my rig a little bit, just to keep myself in line and to simplify any transportation issues. Everything must go through the loop (not a big problem, since my amps distortion is darn good) and the setup must only occupy one standard wall outlet (amp power, board's power supply power). This makes it very easy to setup and tear down everything.

• Members

Is it a problem with the pedal or the pedal power?

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't think a new board is going to solve that...

I know it won't..Its just part of my problem. Another is I need some George L's to clean up the mess. Another is I need somin that I can put in a case that will protect my stuff from damage and retain the settings. Lastly I just feel wierd hauling up a big pedal board to the shows I play around here.

I dunno why. I see very few folks round here with anything more than their amp switcher. Of course they don't play the same kinda stuff I do.

Oh and another problem...I don't have any $money$ at the moment.

• Members

I know it won't..Its just part of my problem. Another is I need some George L's to clean up the mess. Another is I need somin that I can put in a case that will protect my stuff from damage and retain the settings. Lastly I just feel wierd hauling up a big pedal board to the shows I play around here.

I dunno why. I see very few folks round here with anything more than their amp switcher. Of course they don't play the same kinda stuff I do.

Lay out your pedals in the order you'd like them and see how big your board will really be. You can also get measurements from pre-made boards (like the pedaltrain stuff...or whatever) and cut a piece of cardboard the same size and see how you can arrange the pedals. You'd be surprised what you might come up with.

Who cares what other people think

• Members
I should have added: I'm not positive on all models though. I have read on a number of occasions that the cross members get in the way. Also, my boards aren't the oldest models...but they do pre-date the factory drilling for PSU's mounted under the board...

This is what i was referring to. There is a cross bar under the older models that makes the space too small. You can mod the board by cutting out the piece so that the PS will fit. Suffice it to say that if your PT came with the brackets, you should be good to go. If not, then you could perform the mod and email John (jc@pedaltrain.com- i think) to get some brackets. It's awesome to open up that real estate on the top!

Clarification on my part would've helped too! :)

• Members

It doesn't bother me one bit as long as i can set up fast. I like to have my board setup so i can just hook up two cables and plug in one plug. And i can always play a gig with nothing if need be, once my board {censored}ed up and i just unplugged it and played straight into the amp. Went fine, wasn't quite as much fun though.

• Members

See I'm going from a band in college where we would play all night covers/orignals etc. Back then a large board would have been nice and I always wanted one. Hell back in college I gigged with a solid state fender. I used its onboard gain, and it did the job just fine. FFWD 9 years and I'm playing in a all original band. I'm alot more picky but, we get 35 minutes amongst a zillion other bands. So getting the rig simplified is very important. A year down the line, and I'm in a cover band and we are getting shows where we play all night again...So maybe I will warm back up to the larger pedal board idea, but for now I think I will venture back to my Rivera and bring a delay and a tuner. If I need to use more toys well then we'll just have to see.:bor:

Archived