What happened to Calypso FX?

gappie

• Members

Gappie, you're part of a (very) elite group of people who actually bought one of my pedals! :lol:

Actually, there was a period when I was selling a lot, but when the dollar fell in value orders dropped off overnight (most of my customers were from the US). It was also becoming increasingly difficult to keep prices down. People wanted more-and-more functions, and as the design complexity increased I had to switch to surface mount components. Due to the extra time involved in building, and the increased parts count, it ended up as a lot of work for little return. That, coupled with other commitments, forced me to pull the plug on the business.

They're pretty robust pedals, but should you ever need a repair in the future you hopefully still have my details. If you don't you can always contact me via this forum (send me a PM).

Glad you still dig the pedal! I use mine a lot, too.

• Members

Gappie, you're part of a (very) elite group of people who actually bought one of my pedals!
:lol:

Actually, there was a period when I was selling a lot, but when the dollar fell in value orders dropped off overnight (most of my customers were from the US). It was also becoming increasingly difficult to keep prices down. People wanted more-and-more functions, and as the design complexity increased I had to switch to surface mount components. Due to the extra time involved in building, and the increased parts count, it ended up as a lot of work for little return. That, coupled with other commitments, forced me to pull the plug on the business.

They're pretty robust pedals, but should you ever need a repair in the future you hopefully still have my details. If you don't you can always contact me via this forum (send me a PM).

Glad you still dig the pedal! I use mine a lot, too.

that is a pity mister longfuse. becuase it really is a fine pedal. i think mine will last for a long time though.

thanks for letting me know for when there is something with the pedal.

the other day i had somebody walking up to me, asking if i used one of those old teisco (was it?) pedals with this poison in it.. it was the whirligig with a bit of echo after it.. well can not say if he is right, i never played one of those, but he wanted to know more about what i used and where it came from..

Archived