Yet Another MFX Poll

Atomic Sitar

• Members

All right, I know I prefer my analog pedals...but for a few gigs I do need a Multi-FX. Been using a Tonelab LE, which has the best sounds I've found so far, but I'm getting frustrated with some of it's limitations (can't have OD and Wah at the same time? Crazy). Any votes for any particular MFX? I don't really need any amp modeling actually, I'm really looking at FX. And yeah, I would always rather take my pedals, but sometimes that won't work...

• Members

I've got a GT-8 (not to SPAM in your thread, but will be letting it go) that surprised me w/ how capable it is. Folks talk a lot of crap about COSM modeling, esp. of dirt, but it pretty much rocks on as many of the pre-programed patches as it sucks on - like most dirt, it needs to be used in moderation. In manual mode, it's super-powerful. Too powerful for me. I like how many of the odd-ball Boss boxes are modeled in it & the degree to which all the interfaces are customizable, etc. If I had an amp with an FX-loop, I'd be even more tempted to keep it for the 4-cable trick. As it is, I've got too much $$$ tied up in individual analog pedals that I know & love to want to learn & use it.

Archived