which distortion?

D-River

• Members

My black russian muff is dying...I hope to save it but if I can't repair it I need a replacement and I don't want to buy the same pedal again...I need a loud distortion with lots of sustain, heavy but warm and full of harmonics...I want a sound similar to Sigur Ros and Mogwai, with some openings to Sonic Youth-like experimentation...I already have a T-Rex Moller od/clean boost which I love...I'm considering a Rat/Turbo Rat or selling my Moller and get a T-Rex Dr.Swamp...which one would be better for me? someone who owns one of these pedals could give me his/her opinion? Is there any other pedal that would do the job without spending too much? thank you very much!!

• Members

well that sounds cool but in italy is hard to find a modded one, and i'm not able to mod it by myself...and also if I buy a new pedal I would not buy a black russian for a matter of reliability...by the way mine now has volume really low and I can't find the problem...do you know if a broken switch can be the cause? because I had also some troubles with the switch...however thanks for answering! ;)

Archived