Mods or Replacements for EHX POG, DIGITECH WHAMMY, and BOSS DD-6

bmast160

• Members

know of any mods or similar better replacements for EHX POG, DIGITECH WHAMMY(the new one), and BOSS DD-6? I like them all but wanted to see if there is any way to make the fidelity better and noise lower for any of these...or if there are better pedals that could be replacements(except for the dd6 i would only want to do a mod on these)

• Members

people generally don't mod digital pedals

so not really

as far as upgrades go:

-for the Whammy/POG- depending on what settings you use, it might be prudent to get an EHX HOG- it does most of the stuff those 2 pedals can do, with the exception of a few little things.

-for the DD-6, there are a ton of options- Eventide Timefactor, TC Electronics Nova Delay, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai, Boss DD-20, Boss DD-7, Line 6 DL-4, a bunch of rack options, etc.

• Members

people generally don't mod digital pedals

so not really

as far as upgrades go:

-for the Whammy/POG- depending on what settings you use, it might be prudent to get an EHX HOG- it does most of the stuff those 2 pedals can do, with the exception of a few little things.

-for the DD-6, there are a ton of options- Eventide Timefactor, TC Electronics Nova Delay, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai, Boss DD-20, Boss DD-7, Line 6 DL-4, a bunch of rack options, etc.

is the hog any quieter than the pog...because that is extremely noisy.

are any of the recommendations for delays quieter than the dd-6...i also need something that has stereo ins and outs

• Members

is the hog any quieter than the pog...because that is extremely noisy.

are any of the recommendations for delays quieter than the dd-6...i also need something that has stereo ins and outs

it shouldn't be noisy at all, can you describe your set up and what you use this stuff for?

my HOG is very quiet.

• Members

it shouldn't be noisy at all, can you describe your set up and what you use this stuff for?

my HOG is very quiet.

the pog i have has hiss...especially when the q is raised. everything in the chain is isolated but its just inherant in the pedal...and a lot of EHX pedals

Archived