• Members

i have both

hmmm

in my little listening test's

they sound pretty friggin identical

i use the pod more because, i dont know why

maybe it's because it has that certain, i dont know what

i've never noticed the patch thing being worse on the behri

i have the pro for both.maybe it's different. hmmm i now use it only in the studio for composing and not live anymore. can't remember

the vamp is in good condition and holding up well

maybe because i don't use it much

i work the hell out of the pod,,,,,still rockin.

maybe the pod has a better build quality

but the behringer seems pretty solid

:idk:

• Members

ok here we go.

it will be laptop based, a motu audio interface, more than likely the ultra lite.

i was looking for a guitar looper that i could midi sync to my monome, but for what im looking for, it would be a huge pain in the ass. so i decided to just run the guitar straight into ableton and use that as my looper.

so basically i need a preamp to put into my chain after all me effects, then after the preamp it would go into the interface.

• Members

Ok, you will most likely be dealing with latency issues. This might be a strange suggestion but the Tech 21 trademark amps work really well. They have an XLR out that hits tape extremely well and an active eq as well. The amp itself provides a live monitor. What do you think?

• Members

i would also consider an analog (tube or ss) pre amp that doesn't digitize your signal

guitar into pod = A/D conversion

pod into interface= D/A conversion

Interface into computer=A/D conversion again

thats a lot of conversion

it might be nice to just have the one

A/D at the interface

• Members

correct

a preamp with speaker emulation that takes pedals

yeah exactly.

it doesnt need effects or anything.

could i take just a standard preamp pedal and use it that way?

if not, my cheap ass crate im using in my dorm has line out, so i can use that for now.

• Members

I only suggested an amp with a speaker to combat the latency.

where is this latency coming form if i dont use an amp with a speaker.

and whats the point of buying an amp with the speaker if im not even going to be using the speaker?

• Members

where is this latency coming form if i dont use an amp with a speaker.

and whats the point of buying an amp with the speaker if im not even going to be using the speaker?

The latency comes from the delay time of your interface to the computer (it may not be an issue but it's used to be for me).

The speaker in the amp will be used as a live monitor so that you can play with your own playback (via your monitors) and not have to depend on your interface's version of your guitar's input signal (which will most likely be victimized by latency.)

• Members

yeah exactly.

it doesnt need effects or anything.

could i take just a standard preamp pedal and use it that way?

if not, my cheap ass crate im using in my dorm has line out, so i can use that for now.

the problem with using a standard preamp is that its full range

your guitar will sound strange (nice for some stuff i guess)

guitar speakers are from a few hundred cycles to about 4k to 8k depending

full range is from 20 cycles to 20k

there are plenty to choose from boogie, rocktron, carvin, and much more

the new sans amp pedals will work very well, and cheap

one thing you should check out is 'the womanizer' its a tube pedal preamp with a speaker emulator, very amp like and takes pedals great

i don't have one but checked one out at the suggestion of forumite Agreed, and was very impressed

• Members

@lowwoods

no it doesnt work like that.

the signal will go into my computer and loop through ableton.

the looping audio will not play through the speaker in the amp, with will play through the monitors, which is perfectly fine.

see what im saying? the speaker is irrelevant here.

• Members

no it doesnt work like that.

the signal will go into my computer and loop through ableton.

the looping audio will not play through the speaker in the amp, with will play through the monitors, which is perfectly fine.

see what im saying? the speaker is irrelevant here.

Yeah, I see what your sayin'. I was thinking about your situation past that where you might want to play along with a loop live. At this point the speaker would come in handy when recording with playback. I'm not fully aware of your whole situation, but hopefully you'll get what you need out of this thread.

• Members

i mean will be recording on my mac book pro, so, its got some processing power.

as long as the pod is plugged straight into the interface, which will be a motu (so no problem with latency there), i dont think ill have a huge problem with latency.

• Members

Yeah, I see what your sayin'. I was thinking about your situation past that where you might want to play along with a loop live. At this point the speaker would come in handy when recording with playback. I'm not fully aware of your whole situation, but hopefully you'll get what you need out of this thread.

i an always a/b to an amp(with speaker) to bypass the computer, just to jam along.

Archived