Deucetone Rat VS. Rat

deluxe74

• Members

I bought a Rat a year ago and absolutely love it and want more, so I'm thinking that a deucetone is a good idea. Anyone have anything bad to say about it? I read the reviews and they seemed to be good, but I want to know if I will still get the same tone out of the deucetone...

• Members

it's hard to say if it will sound the same (i've had various Rat 2s which all sound slightly different) but it will be similar.

of course, you'll also get the different Rat variations.

the 'You Dirty Rat' is my favourite at the moment.

if you can get a Deucetone for a good price then it's a good idea otherwise you could just get another Rat.

• Members

If you dig your Rat you'll love the Deucetone. They're a great bargain for the price, especially if you find one used. I sold mine, but only because I have a BYOC Rat clone with the 3 way switch that just sounded better to my ears, and I didn't need all the options of the DT. Try stacking your Rat with a Tubescreamer, with the gain all the way down on both. That's one of my favorites.

• Members

Yeah I really like the Rat/Tubescreamer vibe! What's the dif between the rat II and the turbo rat?

IMO, the turbo rat has more bass. It gives a tiny bit of a bass boost, while the the rat II gives a tiny bit of bass loss. Their inherent 'sound' is a bit different, too... hard to describe. both are great.

Archived