Opinions on the Swollen Pickle

Folky_Grunge

• Members

I've listened to some demos, and I'm not really impressed. I liked the demos of the Pickle way more. Maybe it was just the youtube audio, though. It'd be great if I could try some of this stuff out in person, but Western Washington sucks gear-wise, for the most part.

I felt the same way by youtube demos, but upon playing them, I liked the Tone Wicker better.

I liked the Pickle, but I found it more novel sounding and something I wouldn't use as much as the Tone Wicker.

• Members

Ever played some Smashing Pumpkins through it?

I don't have the MKII Pickle, but I did have some experience with a Wren & Cuff Pickle Pie which is a tweaked Pickle. And yes it sounded godly for Pumpkins rhythm tones, the "bigness" of the Pickle sound really helps to duplicate the thick layered tone that Corgan got on his recordings. Leads are really damned good too and have a very thick tone, but the Skreddy Mayo that I had sounded a tad bit more authentic in the leads department although obviously not as thick. I think the Pumpkins thing would be pretty much done and over if somebody could somehow merge the Pickle Pie with the lead characteristics and some of the overtones of the Mayo. Listen to "Hello Kitty Kat" and that's basically what the Pickle Pie sounds like, simply massive. And I'm assuming that a MKII Pickle would also sound about spot on to that as well.

Archived