verbzilla vs holy grail plus?

gearnut

• Members

I have the verbzilla, and I pretty much only use it for a drenching spring reverb sound. I think it does ok, if a little cold. I've had a few of the old holy grails, but always sold them for various reasons (noisey mostly). Has anybody compared the verbzilla to the HG+?

What I really want is the fender tank, but that's just not going to happen, I already have too much to carry...

• Members

Yeah, i compared it to the holy grail and the plus. The plus sounds nicer than then normal one imo and the flerb mode is way cooler too. It's a very underrated pedal and I'm surprised that the verblovers over here aren't raving about it and it blows everything Boss out of the ballpark. Reverbs were kinda similar to the Verbzilla but it had less features and wasn't that much cheaper so i went for the Verbzilla

• Members

I think you'll find the HG to be free of the sterility of the Line 6. It surely is not that large of a difference, but the subtleties do have some value. In my opinion there are certain effects the quality of which have a direct impact on feeling musically inspired and free; reverb is definitely a prominent example. The first time I plugged into a Holy Grail, this is how I felt. Then I was underwhelmed with a Verbzilla on my board for a few months before it stopped working. Now I am saving up for a Holiest :D

• Members

I can't speak for the Verbzilla but I have the Holy Grail Plus. The spring is great. Room and hall are ok and do what you want with the flerb. The best thing over the original HG is the Mix knob. Now you can get some dry signal in there without it drowning in the reverb on the original.

Archived