Overdrive for an AC15CC1

tom_s252

• Members

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere; I searched to no avail.

Simple enough really, I'm scouting for suggestions as to what to use in front of my AC15CC; Boss OD-3 is good but unspectacular. I have a Tech21 XXL that does BIG and distorted, and an EHX LPB-1 that does the boost thing, but I need something between the two and the OD-3 ain't it.

So, fire away. Nothing ridiculously pricey, but if it takes a step up from the mass-produced, so be it.

• Members

the pork loin looks killer! I really like the clean blend option, which can beef up the od from the vids I've seen. I don't have any first hand experience with it, but if I was On the market for a dirt pedal I'd hit the PL.

Maybe look into that

• Members

the pork loin looks killer! I really like the clean blend option, which can beef up the od from the vids I've seen. I don't have any first hand experience with it, but if I was On the market for a dirt pedal I'd hit the PL.

Maybe look into that

It's a bad time to be getting in to new US-imported products for us Brits; more pricey than they used to be. I'll track down some clips though, see if it's worth the coin. Thanks for the idea :)

• Members

Maybe look into that

The PL is really cool. I just haven't had the chance to play it, using my AC15.

• Members

I've always like the blues driver with voxs. That could be another option. A few things to do is not blast the drive or tone knobs and have the volume at unity or a little above. Then dial in the other two knobs to taste.

That's my experience with the unmodded bd2.

I've also used extensively the analogman mod maxon od9 and a standard ts9, the AM blows the ts out of the water.

I do think the PL would be the most fun, but maybe that's because I haven't playwd/owned that one yet.

Archived