I just paid the balance on something very very cool.

NITEFLY182

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What are these problems you are talking about, Dan Armstrongs are so beautiful

The neck joint is kinda crappy so they have neck shift and tuning problems. The bridge wont intonate well with heavy strings (I use 11s and 12s in standard pretty often). The plastic on the pickups breaks apart really easily. I think the reissue solves some of those problems but I ended up not wanting to pay $1500+ for one of those.

• Members

The neck joint is kinda crappy so they have neck shift and tuning problems. The bridge wont intonate well with heavy strings (I use 11s and 12s in standard pretty often). The plastic on the pickups breaks apart really easily. I think the reissue solves some of those problems but I ended up not wanting to pay $1500+ for one of those.

this made die a little on the inside :cry:

• Members

The Rico guitars definitly slay! I have a 6 String Jekyll that looks exactly like this one -2 strings of course and it is one of the best guitars ive ever played. I love my 2001 Hanny a little more because i played maybe 10K hours more on the hanny but the rico has the better sound...!

Any more infos on the Blackmachine from page 2? Have you sold it? I am looking for one but they are sooooo rare...!

• Members

The Rico guitars definitly slay! I have a 6 String Jekyll that looks exactly like this one -2 strings of course and it is one of the best guitars ive ever played. I love my 2001 Hanny a little more because i played maybe 10K hours more on the hanny but the rico has the better sound...!

Any more infos on the Blackmachine from page 2? Have you sold it? I am looking for one but they are sooooo rare...!

Yeah they are hard to get. I put mine up for sale for a while but there were no serious bites so I took it back down. Its pretty unique and sounds really aggressive. I just haven't been playing much metal lately. I did pull it out today for some riffing and its as rad as ever. I need to put some 10-52s on it and set it up again though.

Archived