RS7000 Wonder

the.noumena

• Members

So I've been importing samples into my RS7000. I've been loading them into the keyboard, record then play (set on replace), and voila, they play on the track in the sequencer. Now all of a sudden when I record it won't go to the track. I know I've asked many questions, but you guys and girls are just too helpful. Any ideas? thanks very much in advance.

• Members

Sure,

I want to record a sample, that I loaded onto the keyboard, onto track 1 so I can play it in pattern mode. The way I did this before (and it worked) was go to mixer, set track 1 to SmplLocal 001, load the sample (.wav file on smart card) onto track 1 and keyboard key C3. I hit record, set to replace and then hit play, I press C3, hear it playing while it's recording and counting through the measures, but when i hit stop after I'm done track 1 has nothing on it. The red light isnt lit, showing that something would be on it. It's strange to me.

I hope this was more clear. Thanks so much

• Members

When you go into edit mode, do you see any data entered on that track?

Try manually inserting an event on that track in edit mode and see if your sample plays.

Check to see that you recorded on the correct track (i.e. used edit mode and check all 16 tracks for data).

Make sure you have the track enabled to play local sounds rather than external sounds.

Etc.

This is all pretty basic stuff you're doing something weird but troubleshooting without standing next to you is a little difficult :poke:

• Members

so i decided to restore, and now it works great.

only now when i want to load a sample it says "wave memory full". I already optimized the wave memory. I turned the rs off and reloaded me stuff and it still says "wave memory full" Is there anything I can do?

do i need new ram?

you guys have been great help, thanks and appreciatiiion.

• Members

The RS7000 comes stock with 4MB (not a lot, 24 seconds in stereo at highest resolution), it can be expanded to 64MB (6 minutes and 20 seconds of sample time). You can increase the sample time by using mono samples (you can convert them from stereo to mono internally) or using a lower resolution (22, 11 or 5.5 KHz).

The sampling menu will tell you how much RAM is installed.

After loading each sample check how much memory is in use.

Archived