Fastest way to get good enough for cover band keys duty??

flatfinger

• Members

I am a guitar player in my band. I've always wanted to learn to play some piano, so I bought a used Alesis Fusion for my first synth. I started 8 months ago. I taught myself the standard major chords, learned the keys visually a bit. Now I am starting to learn to sequence some stuff. I've found my guitar knowledge translated really well to learning some piano.

• Members

Can't really argue with what's been said so far.

But if you don't have time for formal lessons, go to your public library and check out a few VHS or DVD for beginning piano, rock piano, blues piano, etc. If one looks like it will work for you, buy it.

• Members

Can't really argue with what's been said so far.

But if you don't have time for formal lessons, go to your public library and check out a few VHS or DVD for beginning piano, rock piano, blues piano, etc. If one looks like it will work for you, buy it.

Good idea.

I'll repeat what i said about setting goals - this will help you to focus on what you need to learn to become (at least somewhat) effective at what you want to do.

If the goal is to play rock and roll keyboards in a minimal amount of time, then there is no sense in taking jazz or classical lessons, IMO.

Even when taking lessons, if you have goals, your instructor will be able to pick a curriculum that addresses those specific goals.

Listen, learn, then practice.

Archived