Question for Fusion owners

droolmaster0

• Members

I might have a trade worked out for a Fusion. The owner doesn't know whether he has the 40 or 80 gig hard drive (as I recall those were the 2 sizes, historically), and doesn't know how to tell.

Anyone able to give me quick instructions to give him so that he can tell me?

• Members

Press the Global button (In the group of mode buttons to left of screen).

Select "media" from menu choices

Select the Hard Drive from listed media choices

Select the "info" command button from right side of screen display

• Members

1) Pretty sure that external drive slot is meaningless ... (i.e. unimplemented feature) ... the other solution is to USB connect to a computer ... or swap it out for another drive (that's fairly easy to do, apparently)

2) I've not heard of ANYONE running out of space with a 40 gig drive ... even when I had ALL the soundbanks installed, I used one maybe two gigs of hard drive space ...

• Members

yeah - I recall that the external drive port was never implemented...

I cannot recall how easy it was to replace the internal drive - I'm not very good at such things. As far as 40 gigs being sufficient - it's probably good. I doubt that I would store really long samples on their anyway.

Does anyone know how hard it is to install the RAM upgrade?

Obviously, I'm inclined to do this deal...

• Members

yeah - I recall that the external drive port was never implemented...

I cannot recall how easy it was to replace the internal drive - I'm not very good at such things. As far as 40 gigs being sufficient - it's probably good. I doubt that I would store really long samples on their anyway.

Does anyone know how hard it is to install the RAM upgrade?

Obviously, I'm inclined to do this deal...

You're pretty much only going to burn hard drive space if you record audio - I have all the HS soundsets except Nebulae and all the kpr sets and they take up very little room.

The RAM upgrade looked pretty daunting - much more so, for instance, than replacing any of the drives on a laptop.

Archived