Merry Christmas to Pianoteq players!

Birdienumnum

• Members

1343xq8.gif

Looks like Modartt has just released a Yamaha CP-80 model as a Christmas gift to their customers. I'll be downloading it and will let you guys know how it sounds. :)

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2007/Modartt-CP-80.html

They modelled an original CP-80 that had some worn strings, so there are two versions: an accurate as-is model and a "virtual restoration" with the worn strings renewed!

• Members

Ok, I downloaded it (and updated to 2.2.1). It's that hard, brittle, bright CP-80 all right - by today's standards, cheap and cheesy in a GOOD way (how much did that CP-80 originally cost?) Would cut through any mix and be great live. Too bad this electro-acoustic direction was abandoned when digital sampling came about. I'm definitely going to use this in some of my more pop songs. :)

• Members

Used the new CP-80 model at my Thursday jam last night. Great fun! Cuts like crazy, too much sustain (easily fixed, of course). Great piles of dynamic range. And takes to effects like coffee takes to Baileys.

The whole Pianoteq experience has been wonderful for me. And it just keeps getting better.

• Members

249 Euro. That's $358.00 Ouch!

That's more than what I paid for Logic Studio.....!

It is expensive and, had Logic Studio been $500 when I bought Pianoteq, I might have considered moving from GarageBand to Logic and using its pianos instead. But I'd have missed out on a really excellent program that, so far, has included one major upgrade and several minor ones and a bunch of free instruments including the CP-80, three pianofortes, two historical pianos, one harpsichord plus the whole slew of standard pianos and variants and all the bizarro presets.

Plus every one is almost infinitely tweakable and very responsive with 'live' internal resonances etc.. For a piano player, this has been a completely worth-while investment. I especially like using well-tempered tuning on some of these--the internal resonances really come alive. I don't even consider using Logic's sampled pianos; not in the same league at all.

• Members

Crap! I can't install it - my macbook says that 'the object add-ons cannot be changed...' What's up with that..? Any ideas?

1 - download new 2.2.1 version

2 - go to old version in apps/Pianoteq 2.1.1/add ons and drag all add ons to the desktop

3 - install new version

4 - delete old version

5 - drag all add ons from desktop to new add ons folder in the 2.2.1 folder

6 - restart computer just to be sure, probably unnecessary

7 - open new Pianoteq version, the add ons should display and play

• Members

I have been playing the pianoteq demos after learning about it here. It is really, really good. Far nicer than those in Logic Studio - which are usable...I can't think of any nicer more versatile piano for under 3 bills. I think the price is quite reasonable.

Archived