Organ Sounds mixed with Guitar (POG content)

petejt

• Members

G'Day folks, here's a video recording I made last night of my Electro Harmonix POG, running simultaneously with a 'straight' guitar sound.

[YOUTUBE]XhAE_UmVlyU[/YOUTUBE]

Guitar signal is split with a stereo effects pedal (switched off), the left side going to the POG then a Visual Sound H2O Liquid Chorus & Echo, to Channel 1 of my Roland Jazz Chorus 120, set for a very dark & warm sound.

The right side goes straight to Channel 2 of the Jazz Chorus, set for a very bright sound with the Reverb set high and in-built Chorus switched on.

The Channels are mixed evenly with their respective volume controls.

• Members

Sounds good but I'm not really heearing the organ sound there, more liek a 12 string. Try playing some with more sustain, some chords and add in some volume swells.

I agree. Interesting sound, like a 12 string or even something like a sitar or other Asian stringed instrument. Nothing like an organ to these ears.

• Members

Sounds good but I'm not really heearing the organ sound there, more liek a 12 string. Try playing some with more sustain, some chords and add in some volume swells.

The organ sound is more in the background, since the guitar sound is over the top of it. You can hear it swell out at the end. I thought it was interesting to combine the organ sound with the guitar for those particular musical pieces. Something different to play.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback so far :) .

• Members

I agree. Interesting sound, like a 12 string or even something like a sitar or other Asian stringed instrument. Nothing like an organ to these ears.

I guess you're referring to the up-front guitar sound.

The POG's organ sound is in the background with some echo on it, just to embellish the main guitar sound. In person it sounds a lot more present and fuller. You can the organ sound better at the beginning and when it swells at the end.

Archived