Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive?

liko

• Members

I currently run a Strat into a Fender Bassman 150. Yeah, yeah, solid-state bass amp, but it does the job. I play bass, amped acoustic and electric and I needed a portable utilitarian amp that sounded good at lower volumes and, for two out of three, needed to be as transparent as feasible. What I have is great for clean work; now I need to crunch it up a bit.

What I need is a TS-type OD; my current pedal (Boss ODB-3) is a dirt/dist pedal, regardless of its label, and for what I do (praise band) it's objectionable. I was led to the Digitech Hardwire series at a local GC, and I have to say, I've been impressed with their CM-2. It goes from very subtle to very crunchy, without becoming dirty, and it has active shelving EQs so I don't lose low end. So, the questions:

1: Is there anything I should know about this pedal that an hour's playtesting hasn't revealed?

2: Is there any other pedal at this pricepoint that does it better than this one?

If the answer is "no" to both, then this goes to the top of my wish list, right up there with an Epi LP Studio in worn brown (My next NGD :love:)

• Members

That pedal is on my shortlist. I have the Hardwire chorus, and it is an amazing pedal. Best chorus I've ever used! I'm gonna get one of those one of these days. The one I use in my praise band is a Jekyll & Hyde by Visual Sound. The overdrive is basically a TS-8, and it does an amazing job for me. I just like to have some variety in tones, ya know? You can pick up used J & H's for $99 or less, and they are worth every penny! Either way you go, you will be happy.

Archived