Using a chorus as a phaser effect

petejt

• Members

I have a thread about using a flanger as a chorus effect, which I wrote a while back. And I use my Electro Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress flanger as my chief chorus effect for clean tones- sounds so lush :love: .

Well, I recently discovered using my Visual Sound H2O Liquid Chorus & Echo pedal as a phaser. It's a veeeeeeeeeeeeerryy very subtle phasing effect, way more subtle than a Phase 90 from 1974. But still effects the sound very much, so I should describe it as sublime.

The H2O is a VERY watery pedal, definitely lives up to its name. The speed gets exponentially fast above 9 o'clock, it can wobble and warble more than a Small Clone. Adjusting the Width & Delay Time does much to affect this, in different ways.

Anyway, setting the Speed at 9 o'clock, and especially 8 o'clock with both the Width & Delay Time turned up produces a sweet swirly chorus.

But if you knock back the Speed to about half past 7, then set the Width to 12 o'clock and the Delay Time cranked to 5 o'clock, it's a very interesting phasing effect. It's a very slow modulation but doesn't bounce like a chorus. Almost like a different pedal.

I like it :) .

Especially with cool mysterious echo trails courtesy of the built-in Echo effect.

Clips coming sometimes in the future.

Archived