Turbo Tuner: was all set to ditch my Pitch Black until..

• Members

I've gone through so many pedal tuners...had a Tu-2, sold it and got the Planet Waves when it came out due to it being true bypass, sold that and got the PB because it was rated as being more accurate, then saw the TT and thought {censored}, not again! But, have to pass due to the no DC Out

• Members
After discovering and reading about the Turbo Tuner yesterday I was ready to buy one and chuck my PB up on Ebay, until I noticed...the TT doesn't have a DC Out
:cry:

Oh well...I guess I'll settle for continuing to play out of tune
:lol:

The dc out on the TU-2 / pitchblack it a bit of a scam, basically it acts as the first plug in a daisy chain, no power is generated from the pedal itself.

If you plug your daisy chain directly into the wallwart and run the TU-2 from the daisy chain along with the rest of your pedals it will give exactly the same results.

Hopefully someone will back me up on this......

• Members
The dc out on the TU-2 / pitchblack it a bit of a scam, basically it acts as the first plug in a daisy chain, no power is generated from the pedal itself.

If you plug your daisy chain directly into the wallwart and run the TU-2 from the daisy chain along with the rest of your pedals it will give exactly the same results.

I don't understand :confused:

• Members

you still have to plug the tuner into a power supply. so what's the difference if the tuner is one pedal in the daisy chain?

you'd need an extra adapter...HASSLE DOOD!

Or, you could place it last in the chain, but you'd have to turn everything off before tuning up

• Members

you'd need an extra adapter...HASSLE DOOD!

Or, you could place it last in the chain, but you'd have to turn everything off before tuning up

you're not getting the idea. what are you powering your PB with? an adapter, right? using the PB's DC out is basically the same as daisy chaining with that adapter.

• Members

Hopefully someone will back me up on this......

Exactly right.

• Members
i have PB.. i love it... if you can't tune then you have a problem, not the tuner:)
:thu:

you know what, a friend of mine just came over who plays guitar and pointed out that i've been tuning my guitar upside down all this time - i was doing eadgbe, but starting w/the high (skinniest) string. In other words ebgdae! silly me lol!! :lol:

Archived