Rhodes at Winter NAMM 2008

willi

• Members

These are good points. The Rhodes Music Corporation has had posts regarding the Mark 7 pulled from another popular rhodes enthusiast forum.

So, for now, I am trying to get information together on my blog:

http://www.joehungry.com/?p=148

I have also posted on this forum asking for pictures of the Mark 7 at NAMM 2008:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1863687

Thanks,

Joe

• Members

So far i still haven't seen even a picture of the "prototype" that was displayed at NAMM 2008... And what I read in your blog seems rather negative....

Damn, what a frustration, I liked the idea..

But now, if it's all fake, so long for the Rhodes with "polyphonic aftertouch" and the P'08 rack on top of it :mad:

I hope the guys who paid rightaway will get their money back, even though it doesn't seem likely... Too bad for them:cry:

V

• Members

Does seem kind of odd. I talked with Harold's daughter a while back.. I wonder what she would make of this? Would it be even dishonourable to buy one of these new rhodes considering the sequence of events involving Harold?

Personally, I think there are plenty of rhodes out there in excellent condition.. heck you could even create your own case and use any preamp/EQ available...

The new rhodes doesn't really interest me aesthetically.. and underneath its pretty much a MkII or MkV depending how you look at it...

• Members

To be fair, it's not entirely unlikely that they may have simply missed their initial target ship date of late 2007, and have slipped into 2008. The prototypes seem to have had a fair bit of work put into them, given the listed design and manufacturing improvements, public performances and endorsements, etc. Last year at WNAMM 2007, when they first introduced the prototypes and (sort of) announced their intention to ship in late 2007 they took forever to get any sort of decent web coverage on their own website... so the current lack of news isn't really news in itself.

• Members

hope everything works out allright. In my view, the Rhodes is a classic instrument that should be available again...just like all the 50s electric guitars that (thank God) everybody's still playing. I would love to see the supply of tines secured as well!

Archived