BOSS DS-1 and BOSS BF-3 and me on drums

• Members

Okay, I just wanted an excuse to post this song that my good friends and I recorded during July 2005.

Aaron sang and played guitar using a 1981 Fender Bullet, a BOSS DS-1, a BOSS BF-3, and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.

I sang and played drums (Yamaha Manu Katche Hipgig Jr.).

Jeff played bass (can't remember which one) and engineered the session.

It was recorded as a single live take to Tascam 4 track cassette rackmount, except the bass was overdubbed since Jeff was checking levels. We overdubbed some backup vox at the end, and we overdubbed a quick guitar bit during the breakdown. That's it though. You can hear the hiss from the 4 track.

It's a cheesy song, but it brings back great memories for me, and I just listened to it today for the first time in years, so I thought I'd post it.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7527373

• Members
i really don't know why, but those are the 2 worst pedals and from age 15-24 i had them on my 3 pedal board... always. (no tuner either.... peavey ddl3)

Aaron was never really crazy about the BF-3. His gripe was that it didn't have a blend control, because he's not into processed guitar sounds like Jeff and I are. His roots were more folk, blues, and rock. I think this song might have been one of the rare occasions when he actually used the pedal.

As for the DS-1? It does the job, but it's never been a pedal that got me all excited every time I engaged it. Sort of like Wonder Bread on a sandwich.

BF-3.jpg

Archived