please tell me

skuller

• Members

that some manufacturer announced a keyboard stand with an angle adjustable keyboard rest, at namm. haven't been following it, but i'm hoping one of you crazy hc people will tell me the good news.

What is an "angle adjustable keyboard rest?"

• Members

been out for a few years

K & M Spyder Pro

I have one

just did a quick google on that- i meant angling (word?) vertically, and away from the person, not towards. thanks though!

please please please someone give me good news.

• Members

I saw nothing of the sort at NAMM and I did visit the keyboard stand booths. Perhaps you would like the Solid Stand that has a motorized part to raise and lower your boardz.

nah, i definitely want to be standing during performances.

i really can not believe these things don't circulate with the big distros. WTF!

• Members

nah, i definitely want to be standing during performances. sitting down, and performing, just don't seem to go hand in hand.

I play standing as well. The Solid Stand can support standing, sitting, jumping etc.

• Members

I play standing as well. The Solid Stand can support standing, sitting, jumping etc.

haha, very cool. reminds me of the band tubring. the guy jumps onto his keyboard stand, and plays the keys with his feet. nuto.

anyway, i want the keyboards angled toward the crowd for ergonomic reasons. playing standing with the keyboard at regular angle, cramps up my wrists. i mean when i play piano, i don't cramp my wrist, and it's pretty much law with piano teachers to keep the hands as straight as possible.

plus then the crowd can see what you're doing.

still can't believe it. :poke:

• Members

ala wakeman? bahaha.

whichever stand company comes up with it first, they'll have a huge market. think ergonomics. it just makes sense. look at ricks hand above. that's a slap on the wrist from any piano teacher.

Whatever perceived gain you have in wrist ergonomics will be shot by the neck pain from bending over to see the display and tweak teh knobz. Sounds like you're onto a hot idea...why not design and sell it yourself?

• Members
Ultimate Support is celebrating their 30th anniversary and I've seen print adds that feature a newly designed Apex stand . . . has anyone else seen this yet?? It features rounded edges and appears to have a wood grain veneer. The support arms have a brushed aluminum look and there is a new

• Members

I snapped off a couple of quick photos of this Apex at NAMM a few days ago, mainly because I thought it was kind of odd looking. Not butt ugly, but pretty darn gi-normous. I prefer keyboard stands to be "invisible."
;)

Here are my photos:

apex_1.JPG
apex_2.JPG

damn, that ball adjustment is so close to being a universal adjustment.

maybe it's liability with keyboards falling off away from the user. keyboard stands need to be more like tripods for photography. locked in place, wherever it goes.

that second photo is awesome.

• Members

Ergonomically correct? There aren't many piano teachers who utilize this kind of positioning.

Also, if you're worried about proper piano hand and wrist technique...you wouldn't be playing standing. :idea:

Go make your stand...I won't buy it.

• Members

I don't use my hands and wrists when I stand, however.
:idea:

:confused:

Also, the arm/wrist/hand orientation of playing should be exactly the same regardless of whether you are sitting or standing. The only difference is your leg's height. Any keyboard stand can adjust to a proper and healthy height.

• Members

:confused:

Also, the arm/wrist/hand orientation of playing should be exactly the same regardless of whether you are sitting or standing. The only difference is your leg's height. Any keyboard stand can adjust to a proper and healthy height.

I'm bothered by the fact my wrists have to bend to play standing. A slight tilt away from the users body, would make it as though one is playing sitting with proper wrist position, while standing. I don't want carpel tunnel man.

You say the arm/wrist/hand orientation of playing should be exactly the same regardless of whether you are sitting or standing, however with current keyboard stands, this is impossible, at least for me, because I'm 6'4". You say 'any' keyboard stand can adjust to a proper and healthy height, but it's simply not true. You're probably just short. :freak:

And oh yes you will buy it. With extended warranty. bahahaha ;)

• Members

I'm bothered by the fact my wrists have to bend to play standing. A slight tilt away from the users body, would make it as though one is playing sitting with proper wrist position, while standing. I don't want carpel tunnel man.

You say the arm/wrist/hand orientation of playing should be exactly the same regardless of whether you are sitting or standing, however with current keyboard stands, this is impossible, at least for me, because I'm 6'4". You say 'any' keyboard stand can adjust to a proper and healthy height, but it's simply not true. You're probably just short.
:freak:

And oh yes you will buy it. With extended warranty. bahahaha
;)

I've been playing keyboards standing up for over 20 years and have no signs of carpal tunnel. I use an Invisible brand stand. I highly recommend you try to find one on the used market. Not sure why you think that stylized Sherinian stand position is the only answer?

• Members

he's actually the second guy i saw with one. janne wirman uses an ergo stand too, of some sort. i imagine it's custom made, too.

606891.png

i spoke with the president of ultimate support today. they're interested in the idea. so maybe we'll see one soon.

it IS the only answer for me, and i'll be satisfied when i pick one up.

• Members

Here is the official press release . . . and it is indeed angle adjustable!!
:thu:
http://it-review.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2960&Itemid=131

With the veneer and silver, it looks like home entertainment center furniture. But according to the press release the silver also comes in Black, White, Pewter, Burnt Orange, Pink, Green, Blue, and Red! :eek:

Archived