DOD FLANGER 670 yes or no?

• Members

i've sworn by the 640 for (iirc) 6yrs now, and i've owned more flangers than is probably healthy (way more than pictured below). dunno the diff between the two, but i cant imagine that they were wildly different. for $40, i'd hit it hard.

the 640 is in the school of mxr flange flavor, but with a much more vocal quality.

flangers.jpg

edit: the difference may be the (simple, yet fairly pointless) addition of the normal/PA switch on the 640.

• Members

i've used an orig EM in the studio some yrs back, and had a couple DEM a few yrs ago. while both versions were very nice, my tastes have kept me with the 640. mine still has orig switch, and while the 640 is not silent, the minute sssssssssss in the background has never, ever posed a prob (bedroom players who focus on what a pedal sounds like when not playing it may see it differently).

its more of a taste thing, imho, whether mistress or dod.

a bad switch is hardly a reason to dislike/sell a pedal, same as one shouldnt avoid a car because somebody ran out of gas once. i've been through 3 or 4 switches on my 80s Rat over the years.

• Members

I was more in need of a dirt box at the time,and I was broke,so the EM had to go.

I don't use flangers all that often,but when I do I don't want something generic sounding.

I think I'll hit it,thanks for all who contributed :thu:

• Members

40 is great , hit it!

and btw the arion flanger is MY fave. its so full of tones it aint funny

but i digress

the arion is my go-to when the 640 is out on loan. while its a bit more hifi-sounding than the 640, they both share a vocal quality that few other flangers have.

• Members

sounds diff. than a japan made bf-2, japan hf-2, dod stereo phaser fx-75, flanger hoax (class of its own), polychorus. i havent played too many flangers.

it has a phasey quality too it. it sounds like a flanger under water. it wont get too wild like ehx stuff with maxed knobs.

you must buy this. be american, cosume, its bright orange.:poke:

Archived