Question: Lava Solder-Free Mini ELC Cable Kit

Rgkchile

• Members

I am about to begin to build my own pedalboard, and in order to do so I would like to purchase a DIY cable kit. I prefer to be in control of the patch cable length as well as jack alignment/placement. Currently I am interested in the Lava Solder-Free DIY Cable Kit (10' Mini ELC Cable + 10 Lava Plugs + Stripping Tool). I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using this product, and if so, how did everything turn out? Any feedback or reviews, negative or positive, will be greatly appreciated. Better yet, if anyone has used this product and has a picture of their pedalboard please post it! Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have them and they're awesome. takes a bit to get it right with the stripping and everything but it really isn't a big deal. if you want to build your pedal board in 5 minutes then go elsewhere. if you have a little time to set aside to make some cables, the lava's will do fine. super tough as well-you won't regret getting them.

• Members

they can be a little tricky to get just right but i still much prefer them over george l's. if you've got some patience to do the job you should be very happy with them. My only real complaint is that they are *so* small they can actually be a pain to pull out of your pedals sometimes. but its hardly a big issue and the fact that they are so small is really much more of a positive than a negative. I got some George Ls and the only thing I like with them over Lavas is the little rubber grippy thing they have. but overall i like the lavas much better.

i hear bill lawrence cables are really good too but haven't tried them personally.

• Members

I have them and they're awesome. takes a bit to get it right with the stripping and everything but it really isn't a big deal. if you want to build your pedal board in 5 minutes then go elsewhere. if you have a little time to set aside to make some cables, the lava's will do fine. super tough as well-you won't regret getting them.

+1 - super easy, sounds better than george l's, tiny.

Archived